[Event] Tour du Cap 2022

Events Bot

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, babse said:

Going to Paarl on Wednesday only option for registration? 

I enquired on email and was told we can register from 5.30 at the start

27 minutes ago, babse said:

Going to Paarl on Wednesday only option for registration? 

Don’t see you on the list, are you riding age cat ?

I'm doing this. My first long distance race since 2019 (been doing crits since then) and I'm kakking 😂 Covid knocked my training plan for 6 weeks at the end of last year so I'm feeling woefully underprepared. My goal is to not come last!

On 2/15/2022 at 3:04 PM, mathewk said:

Also rode last year and really looking forward to this year, but yeah I’m hoping there are more than 10 guys in Vets!

I got an email saying that the vets will be grouped together to make the bunches a bit bigger:

In some good news for Veteran Men in the 2022 Tour du Cap 4-Day Stage Race, the president commissaire has approved the grouping of the Vets 30+ and 40+ age groups in a single racing bunch as well as and 50+ and 60+ Vets.

Start list last year also barely looked like the line-up come Thursday. I'll reserve analysis of the competition for T - 5 minutes. Racing VA, and keen to see how the combination of vets groups will pan out. 

On 2/15/2022 at 2:26 PM, Sid the Sloth said:

I wonder if Old Helshoogte will actually be part of the route this year or if it will be another "last minute change"

Race directory has the new pass.

3 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

Start list last year also barely looked like the line-up come Thursday. I'll reserve analysis of the competition for T - 5 minutes. Racing VA, and keen to see how the combination of vets groups will pan out. 

I have analysed every person on that list so I have all the juicy details... also glad I am not racing you again as I am VB now but at the same time sad because looks like all the big guns have showed up in VB 😭

PS: substitutions might ruin my analysis so I think your T-5min plan might be better 🤣 

Edited by WaldoZ

10 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

I have analysed every person on that list so I have all the juicy details... also glad I am not racing you again as I am VB now but at the same time sad because looks like all the big guns have showed up in VB 😭

PS: substitutions might ruin my analysis so I think your T-5min plan might be better 🤣 

We worked together well in that break, but this year we'll have even more reasons to work together. 😁

I'd love to do something like this but you guys all come across as pro's, so it scares me off. 

I would be a 100% bog average Vet Cat rider who would likely finish alone most days. I imagine it's lonely and full of shame out the back at a race like this.