Scott Spark 2022 970 vs 960

RocketRacer

Ola Riders. I am looking at getting a new Scott Spark. I initially looked at the 970 but saw that the price difference between that and the 960 was not huge. I made a little comparison sheet with the differences highlighted in yellow. would the 960 be a better option over the 970? if yes, why? I look for ward to your feedback. 

image.png.f2b340738702c03843e53c3d18f478f4.png

While there is nothing wrong with Shimano, for the last 2 years they have been less than pathetic when it comes to spare parts.

Sram wins out easily just based on being able to run the bike knowing you will find a cassette, chain or some other obscure part.

For the price (around R50k), I'd rather look at the Trek Top Fuel 7. No integrated cabling, better fork, shock and groupset with a lifetime warranty to the original owner

24 minutes ago, Furbz said:

While there is nothing wrong with Shimano, for the last 2 years they have been less than pathetic when it comes to spare parts.

Sram wins out easily just based on being able to run the bike knowing you will find a cassette, chain or some other obscure part.

this makes great sense. thank you.

12 minutes ago, thebob said:

For the price (around R50k), I'd rather look at the Trek Top Fuel 7. No integrated cabling, better fork, shock and groupset with a lifetime warranty to the original owner

Th problem I have is finding stock in Durban. I did also look at the Trek initially. I have reached out to TrekSA for a Durban agent. 

3 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

I think the new Alu Scott ranges are very heavy or is it just me.

what should be the weight for this type of bike?

4 minutes ago, thebob said:

Not sure what size you are after, but Biket has some available and they are in KZN:

2022 Top Fuel 7 - Matte Dnister Black – biket.co.za

2022 Top Fuel 7 - Matte OliveGrey – biket.co.za

Also, getting the correct sized bike trumps every single spec item and should be the priority

Thanks thebob. I will call the store, I am currently riding a L hardtail (Silverback Stride Comp). 

40 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

I think the new Alu Scott ranges are very heavy or is it just me.

True that, almost 15kg for a 50k bike regardless if its alu, eish. 

3 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

and that is without pedals or anything else.

1 hour ago, RocketRacer said:

Th problem I have is finding stock in Durban. I did also look at the Trek initially. I have reached out to TrekSA for a Durban agent. 

Ask Reform Cycling. Leeroy should be able to source one for you

1 hour ago, Spafsack said:

now thats crazy!

3 hours ago, RocketRacer said:

Ola Riders. I am looking at getting a new Scott Spark. I initially looked at the 970 but saw that the price difference between that and the 960 was not huge. I made a little comparison sheet with the differences highlighted in yellow. would the 960 be a better option over the 970? if yes, why? I look for ward to your feedback. 

image.png.f2b340738702c03843e53c3d18f478f4.png

Those are pricey for the specs. Maybe I just don't know what new bikes cost?

6 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Those are pricey for the specs. Maybe I just don't know what new bikes cost?

and here I am looking at the "cheap" dual suspension bikes. It seems that around the 40-50k mark is now considered entry level for a dual suspension. the Trek Top Fuel 7 comes in at R50k as well.