Oakley replacement lenses

Pieter1

Ok got the lenses. They seem fine. There is definitely a difference in weight/quality? between the 2. The replacement parts feel a bit more flimsy compared to the original oakley ones. But I'm happy with my purchase. I washed the frames with a little brush and fitted the lenses. 

Good as brand new.

8 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Ok got the lenses. They seem fine. There is definitely a difference in weight/quality? between the 2. The replacement parts feel a bit more flimsy compared to the original oakley ones. But I'm happy with my purchase. I washed the frames with a little brush and fitted the lenses. 

Good as brand new.

Nice! Show us!

22 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

The replacement parts feel a bit more flimsy compared to the original oakley ones.

Similar experience when replacing some Jawbreaker photochromic lenses ... no complaints though. 👍

18 hours ago, Thomo said:

20201223_092725.jpg

Nice to see the actual lens. I'm still on the fence tho. Not sure why as the lenses you and Duane have posted look good and you guys sound happy. Maybe I'll give one a try.

23 hours ago, Thomo said:

Similar experience when replacing some Jawbreaker photochromic lenses ... no complaints though. 👍

Same experience with a set of radar’s.

Lenses perform great and at minimal cost extended the life of a retired pair of sunglasses.

9 hours ago, Pieter1 said:

Nice to see the actual lens. I'm still on the fence tho. Not sure why as the lenses you and Duane have posted look good and you guys sound happy. Maybe I'll give one a try.

I’m happy with mine too. Especially the polarised photochromic lens.

• 1 year later...
On 3/15/2022 at 8:24 PM, Duane_Bosch said:

What do you ride with?

For me honestly I prefer riding with those yellow lenses. I have a pair for my Jawbreakers and for me they are the best riding lens. They take in a huge amount of light which I love for that sort of mottled shade on the mountain bike and in low light and raining conditions on the roadie they are amazing.

Are the oakley prizm 24k lenses the same as yellow lenses you speak of?

Wanting it for low light winter rides

Or do I just get d'arcs or rockbros yellow lenses glasses

14 hours ago, MajG said:

Are the oakley prizm 24k lenses the same as yellow lenses you speak of?

Wanting it for low light winter rides

Or do I just get d'arcs or rockbros yellow lenses glasses

I honestly don't know. These are the ones I'm talking about. The yellow ones. They work well for me for low light winter riding/running

https://revureplacementlenses.co.za/product/lenses-for-oakley-jawbreaker-oo9290/

On 3/15/2022 at 2:40 PM, Duane_Bosch said:

Ok I've got Jawbones so it will be a good test.

Interestingly I can't ride with the Oakley Przm lense. Especially on the mountain bike. I keep seeing weird little anomalies that i find distract me. It's hard to explain but the blades of grass will change color for example. And I find that incredibly distracting.

Weird. I love the Prism Trailtorch lenses. when i get to borrow my wife;s Oakleys, that is. 

what do you Oakleyists think of the big lense Sutro goggle style glasses?

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

Weird. I love the Prism Trailtorch lenses. when i get to borrow my wife;s Oakleys, that is. 

what do you Oakleyists think of the big lense Sutro goggle style glasses?

Great if you're a welder I think .... but don't mind me 🫣