[Event] 2022 Masgcor Cederberg 2-Day Trek

Gravel Travel Events

Event Name: 2022 Masgcor Cederberg 2-Day Trek
When: 21/05/2022 - 22/05/2022
Where: , Clanwilliam, Clanwilliam, Western Cape
Category: Mountain Bike

The 2022 Mascgor Cederberg 2-Day Trek provides the perfect event for any level of rider: serious, fairly serious, wannabee, relaxed and social...Bring your mountain bike, e-bike or gravel bike, and join in a fun weekend in the Cederberg. The event offers the following:

Friday 20 May 2022 (race registration): Spit Braai & free show by the Bottomless Coffee Band at the start/finish venue in Clanwilliam. The Spit Braai is R150pp extra (in addition to the entry fee) and will benefit the local school/community.

Saturday 21 May 2022: Riders depart at 8h00 and will ride into the Cederberg to Nuwerust Camping & Hiking campsite (via Matjiesrivier). Here, all your meals are catered, camping spot, tent, mattress provided (all included in entry fee), just bring your own bedding. We will transport all luggage to Nuwerust and back. A legend bonfire provides the setting for happy times with friends and family. And your goody bag goodies will see you cool (and warm!) for the weekend. Phone and e-bike charging facilities available. Wi-fi tickets will be sold at Nuwerust.

Sunday 22 May 2022: Riders depart at 8h00 and ride back to Clanwilliam via Kromrivier Cederberg Park and Driehoek Farm.

Hot showers await you at the finish.

For those peeps who'd like to camp at the start/finish on Friday 20 May 2022, the school premises are there for you at R100pp. Hot showers available, but no electricity. Bring gas cooking applicances with for the Friday eve and charge your phone using your power bank or in your car. The school will be selling coffee and muffins.

Go to Event Page.

• 1 month later...

Friends did it.

They had a BLAST 👍👍

Relaxed ride each day.

Lekker over night.

They are on normal bikes, and commented on LOTS of ebikes.  No issues ...

19 minutes ago, Rouxenator said:

I miss the days this was a 1 day ride. 

This now a chilled ride with the stage race party vibe ....

Different times ....

Different markets ....

My wife did it. I was there as well. I didnt see a lot of ebikes, though. The top 20 (out of 111) definitely didn't hold back and gave it their all! 

Lots of climbs, but otherwise not technical. But your gat needs to be used to long hours two days in a row

8 minutes ago, figjam_sa said:

My wife did it. I was there as well. I didnt see a lot of ebikes, though. The top 20 (out of 111) definitely didn't hold back and gave it their all! 

Lots of climbs, but otherwise not technical. But your gat needs to be used to long hours two days in a row

My friends do Trans Baviaans, Ironman, etc.

So this was a nice relaxing weekend for them.

They invited me to join, on the ebike .... so maybe a slightly biased observation from their side.  With Augrabies in a few weeks I was servicing and testing my bike .... sounds like I missed out.

34 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

This now a chilled ride with the stage race party vibe ....

Different times ....

Different markets ....

Costs way more too, after trading roots for profits I guess.

I don't do stages. I ride bikes. Last times I played something with stages it was Mario Bros on TV games. Or Load shedding.