2012 Dogma Think 2 vs 2017 Giant TCR

Jordache

Hi guys, 

Bit of a conundrum, I'm specifically looking for a rim brake frame, options have been limited, I've narrowed it down to two frames, 2012 Pinarello Dogma Think 2 vs 2017 Giant TCR. Both frames are "new" and the Pina is about R5k more expensive. What are your thoughts? 

20220722_132644.jpg

20220720_142443.jpg

I would go TCR, bombproof frame and I recon it'll be a lighter build too. Which ever one you go for make sure the size is right

No idea about road bikes but the Giant looks more modern, the Dogma looks a bit dated. 

Just what I see as said I don't know much about those uncomfortable things 😂

The Giant TCR is one of the best frames in the history of the sport, timeless, solid engineering, all-rounder and a solid pedigree.

And soon 28mm tyres will become the new 23. I don't think the pinarello can take them whereas I believe the tcr can. I once looked at an F8 frame and didn't buy it for that reason. 

Giant TCR by a long shot. For all the reasons above. 

Having said that, triple check fit, the best frame will be the one that fits properly.

The Pina will ride much nicer. Will be way stiffer and you will feel that power transfer / responsiveness much better on this frame.   (Asymmetrical chain stays and seat tube).

In the past I have owned both.

If the Giant is not a SL model (their higher grade carbon layout) one cannot really compare these two frames.

Giant is like a Toyota Corolla - some will consider it as a good thing - other not :)

Sadly there is a little bit of a stigma to these Pinarello frames thanks to all the Chinarello's that were (and still do) floating around...

As a hardcore roadie I would pick the Pina.

Don't put too much value in mountain bikers advice  on road bikes ...lol 🙃

some marketing bs on Pina below

Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think2 - BikeRadar