[Event] Durbie Dash

Ernst Viljoen

The opening third can be tough if the Southeaster is blowing. The closing kilometers on Adderley is always tough, so keep something in reserve. Other than that just enjoy the day out on the bike. Practice your nutrition on long training rides and don't do anything new on race day.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if registration can also be done on race day or is it mandatory to go to one of the registration locations on Thursday or Friday?

As per Facebook page:

And there we go, online entries are officially closed!

Don't fear though, you can still enter on the 13th and 14th at registration. No entries will be done on race day.

Registration details:

15h00 – 18h00

Thursday 13 October 2022 - Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust, 65 Avenue de Mist, Rondebosch

Friday 14 October 2022 – Chris Willemse Cycles Willowbridge

Also a massive shoutout to one of our main sponsors Land Rover N1 City for giving us this rad set of wheels to use for the event. Be sure to hoot if you see us! 

Thank you to our other sponsors and partners: 

Chris Willemse Cycles Online Ribbens Office National Fair Cape Dairies Jaguar N1 City Riaan Launspach Heike Vermaak Western Province Mountain Biking Commission Western Province Cycling Association Tygerberg MTB Club

Edited by Arrie

Awesome news as i recently just returned and never had a chance to complete my entry.

Do you think the late entry will still be @ R425 ?, or will it increase ?

Regards

Edited by SJ01

21 minutes ago, SJ01 said:

Awesome news as i recently just returned and never had a chance to complete my entry.

Do you think the late entry will still be @ R425 ?, or will it in crease ?

Regards

Dont forget the R50 CSA day license

On 10/4/2022 at 7:20 PM, DieselnDust said:

Does. Anyone have the gpx for the 60km MTB durbie dash race?

I asked but because some of the route is over private land they not allowed to give it. I assume to avoid people doing a route recce. I haven't looked for a previous year race yet as I am sure those are on Strava and can look at it.

5 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Hey! i seeded in A for the first time ever and i probably wont even end up riding it😅

There’s a $ batch on this one for some reason 😅

6am start 😭

4 hours ago, WaldoZ said:

I asked but because some of the route is over private land they not allowed to give it. I assume to avoid people doing a route recce. I haven't looked for a previous year race yet as I am sure those are on Strava and can look at it.

26 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

The route & profile on the website looks like 98% similar to 2021 edition I found on Strava, you're welcome. 

image.png.3a60c960e64872d99dea37321f036c50.pngimage.png.51d5e065c7e79815e18f70d3707badd8.png

Durbie Dash MTB .gpx 154.33 kB · 0 downloads

shot chaps thanks very much