[Event] Durbie Dash

Ernst Viljoen

9 minutes ago, Jbr said:

There’s a $ batch on this one for some reason 😅

6am start 😭

Must be a seeded event for the world champs?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend is collecting my race number for me... Anyone know what is needed for him to be able to do that on my behalf?

20 minutes ago, Kimikaze said:

A friend is collecting my race number for me... Anyone know what is needed for him to be able to do that on my behalf?

As far as I know, only the reference number. That's what they accepted in the past.

17 hours ago, milky4130 said:

The route & profile on the website looks like 98% similar to 2021 edition I found on Strava, you're welcome. 

image.png.3a60c960e64872d99dea37321f036c50.pngimage.png.51d5e065c7e79815e18f70d3707badd8.png

Durbie Dash MTB .gpx 154.33 kB · 4 downloads

I looked at that but it is actually very different.

The whole Bloemendal/Hillcrest area is different and in 2022 it shows we going up a Hillcrest downhill. On the way back we don't do Bloemendaler and also not the cement climb but the Canon climb.

On the way to HK we taking all the corridors instead of down Conties.
At HK are we doing the Gorge? It looks like it on the image but not sure. We not doing Cobra it looks like.

All in al the profile looks similar but it was these finer details I wanted the GPX file for to make sure I am assuming things correctly, especially going up what normally is a downhill. The image will do I guess and I did get confirmation about going up the downhill etc.

36 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

I looked at that but it is actually very different.

The whole Bloemendal/Hillcrest area is different and in 2022 it shows we going up a Hillcrest downhill. On the way back we don't do Bloemendaler and also not the cement climb but the Canon climb.

On the way to HK we taking all the corridors instead of down Conties.
At HK are we doing the Gorge? It looks like it on the image but not sure. We not doing Cobra it looks like.

All in al the profile looks similar but it was these finer details I wanted the GPX file for to make sure I am assuming things correctly, especially going up what normally is a downhill. The image will do I guess and I did get confirmation about going up the downhill etc.

ok ok 96% the same then 😝 yes Red down hill on Hillcrest is what you will be going up, this has always been the case over the years with all mtb races starting in Durbanville. From Conties you'll take Oatlands corridor across Vissershok into Missing Link. Not doing doing Cobra, image does suggest Gorge but I doubt it image is heavily distorted, too dangerous after the Cape Epic went through there and Joel Stranksy lost more than half his face. After returning to Conties you must climb the concrete strip to the mast, descend via the concrete until the 360 Restaurant where swing back onto the trail to do the Traverse Corridor back to the venue.

Does anyone have a GPX for the road race? Is it the same route as last year? Sorry if this has been addressed already, haven't read up. 

1 hour ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Does anyone have a GPX for the road race? Is it the same route as last year? Sorry if this has been addressed already, haven't read up. 

On that Paardeberg double bump... till I see you again (hopefully 🤣

image.png.57fa073eca9dcb1334a0761a107b740a.png

Where are the water points for the 60km MTB race? I couldnt find anything on their website

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

Wind looks fresh. Not too hectic, but a factor to consider...

Headwind on the run in, mostly ok apart from that

image.png.6cc1444bb34acd0d06a9562545c043bf.png