[Event] Durbie Dash

Ernst Viljoen

On 10/13/2022 at 6:51 AM, MORNE said:

@Newbie321You will get an email with your start time and group. Check your spam.

Thanks. Do you just rock up before your start time or should you be there earlier for some or other reason?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Newbie321 said:

Thanks. Do you just rock up before your start time or should you be there earlier for some or other reason?

If you collected your number today you can just rock up and go. 🤘

Edited by MORNE

27 minutes ago, Newbie321 said:

Rock up early to queue for the loo. 😉

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

#strespoef 🤣

I'm going to spare you the details, but I had one of those on my first Karoo to Coast. Upon exiting the porta loo a antie entered, and speedily came storming back out again making howling noises. I nearly died laughing. I reckon the steak braai the night before was not such a good idea after all. 🤣

46 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I'm going to spare you the details, but I had one of those on my first Karoo to Coast. Upon exiting the porta loo a antie entered, and speedily came storming back out again making howling noises. I nearly died laughing. I reckon the steak braai the night before was not such a good idea after all. 🤣

8 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

I see a lot of gravel gutters and white line gutters...

I see carnage and a lot of solo riders

My first time doing the event is there any water or refreshments points 

4 hours ago, MORNE said:

If you collected your number today you can just rock up and go. 🤘

22 hours ago, MongooseMan said:

Headwind on the run in, mostly ok apart from that

image.png.6cc1444bb34acd0d06a9562545c043bf.png

This was false. First 30k by far the worst. If I hadn't burned so many matches there I might not have been dropped as we turned into Adderley, which thankfully was not as bad as expected. 

13 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

I see carnage and a lot of solo riders

This was true, backwards bridging was the order of the day 🙈

This was a lekker ride. Hard in the wind, but we had a lot of guys willing to work in B bunch, so actually a good 'team' effort.  And back home early earn some points for an easy coffee rude tomorrow 

My first.

Need to improve seeding (paying the price for missing some events and some easier Cycle Tours I guess) - G group had very few groups to speak of and when they formed they didn't last too long 

Spent lots of time solo and working to bridge gaps to catch the next group ahead, this was repeated numerous times, the impact of this was felt in the latter stages though 

Overall sort of happy with my effort and result 

30 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

My first.

Need to improve seeding (paying the price for missing some events and some easier Cycle Tours I guess) - G group had very few groups to speak of and when they formed they didn't last too long 

Spent lots of time solo and working to bridge gaps to catch the next group ahead, this was repeated numerous times, the impact of this was felt in the latter stages though 

Overall sort of happy with my effort and result 

For what it's worth, that was my experience in C group as well.
I think the wind made it hard for the weekend warriors to hold wheels properly, so ended up with lots of splits and solo riding.

6 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

working to bridge gaps to catch the next group ahead

If you can catch them, they can't help you, so no use in pushing hard to catch earlier. In that situation just do your Watts.

This was awesome! Glad to be back after 3 years. Perfect weather, so scenic! 

IMG_20221015_082356c.jpg.7ae50626849efa7a8cb2699ce9445dd1.jpg

IMG_20221015_084635c.jpg.4c9061e2bd19a011f8fe89581a1faca5.jpg

IMG_20221015_095707c.jpg.0019dfaa125b669a03b3a721571cfffe.jpg

My only "constructive criticism" would be to please take into account the cost of fuel. I simply cannot afford to drive into Durbanville two days in a row just to register on the Friday and ride on the Saturday. Please allow on day registration for us who do not stay close to the pre-registration venues.