Dropper post for 2015 Specialized Camber

myhero

Hello 👋 

I’ve recently purchased a used 2015 Specialized Camber 29 and am keen to install a 150mm dropper post which must have External cable routing as the older frame doesn’t accommodate internal routing.

The seat post diameter is 30.9mm and the insertion length is around 300mm.

The current seat post doesn’t appear to be the original so I don’t have the total length. 

I’d like a reasonably priced 150mm or 125mm dropper.

Are there any suggestions for droppers and links to them that will work on this bike?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by myhero

9 hours ago, myhero said:

Hello 👋 

I’ve recently purchased a used 2015 Specialized Camber 29 and am keen to install a 150mm dropper post which must have External cable routing as the older frame doesn’t accommodate internal routing.

The seat post diameter is 30.9mm and the insertion length is around 300mm.

The current seat post doesn’t appear to be the original so I don’t have the total length. 

I’d like a reasonably priced 150mm or 125mm dropper.

Are there any suggestions for droppers and links to them that will work on this bike?

Thanks in advance.

I had a 2015 Camber. Definitely does accommodate internal cable routing - I had an internal dropper installed. Cable routing just goes beneath the bb (you need to knock it out to install - a bit of a pain, but can be done). 

Had a Lyne 125mm installed, no complaints.

13 hours ago, Grease_Monkey said:

Some photo evidence that it works…

69337645-42DD-4F96-848B-72B7510DED77.jpeg.75e2966b8083279c8af4607469df3719.jpeg

Great looking bike, can the bike accomodate a 170mm dropper?

Edited by myhero

1 minute ago, myhero said:

Great looking bike, can the bike accomodate a 170mm dropper?

Depends on your height and the dropper. I could fit a 180mm on this bike. But it was actually my wife's bike, and a size M. I am a large. If you are on the taller end of your bike's size curve you could probably fit a 170mm. Most droppers have measurements on their site - go an check it out and measure your bike. Use a fixed dropper to see how much insertion you can get.

5 hours ago, Grease_Monkey said:

Depends on your height and the dropper. I could fit a 180mm on this bike. But it was actually my wife's bike, and a size M. I am a large. If you are on the taller end of your bike's size curve you could probably fit a 170mm. Most droppers have measurements on their site - go an check it out and measure your bike. Use a fixed dropper to see how much insertion you can get.

Thank you 👍