Set in a commanding position on Polkadraai next to the strawberry farm, overlooking the ocean and vineyards of Stellenbosch, with the completion of phase ll this will be one of the biggest and most comprehensive family-friendly bike parks in the Western Cape. In collaboration with Trail-Blazers and Michard Meets over 2kms of flow trail, fun lines, jump lines, rollers and a technical skills zone have been added to the already comprehensive offering (pump,track, skills and flow trails and small kids trail). The new addition is expected to open by 1st October, day permits cost R70 per rider, and is free to Bottelary Hills Mtb Annual permit holders for 2022. Now taking bookings for Bike parties. Find us on Facebook and Instagram @Polkadraai Bike Park. 

E4165289-EA80-40FE-9341-C6202EC97C25.jpeg

41E79B25-300E-415C-B53B-1B4C335BA84F.jpeg

362B8E06-59CD-4257-BCCB-731EA8BFEFDE.jpeg

AE2AD231-0DF9-4D57-B8FF-CDACF8806D34.jpeg

61C83DC0-1440-4DF0-A8EA-05D7509440B1.jpeg

Edited by Polkadraai Bike Park
Various

• 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

What a fantastic bike park. Superb. 😍

It is spectacular, my son's school had their MTBing end of year party there this week. Drove past today and the big parking lot looked full! Way to go.

I went there a few weeks ago and it all looked shut. Their Google or Facebook profile (can't remember) made it appear like they were open.  The car guards insisted I can still ride there along with some kids already there. 

Impressions:

• The main jump line(s) looked like they hadn't been maintained in 6 months or badly built. Like huge ruts in the line, landing and jumps needed resurfacing.
  • The dj line didn't have a great flow but a good reshape will do the trick. Could be small but fun.
  • Warning: The long flow line down the mountain begs for jumps but they are built too close to each other so if you try jump you will land to flat.
  • I think the target is more towards beginners / kids compared to the likes of Hellsend which is absolutely good and well. Just a heads up.

Overall maybe something happened between when the park was announced and now? Some issues for sure but it will be fun for kids and perhaps more with some TLC (maybe already done?)

The bike park has been open all through the recent additions and upgrades, entrance was free as the permit sales and coffee shop containers were not yet installed. Now it is fully functional, a day permit costs R70, entrance is free to Bottelary Hills Mtb annual permit holders.

Re: the big jump line, the many cubes of clay in each jump took a long time to settle and dry out which did result in settling cracks. Two weeks ago the tops were all remodelled after extensive watering, it’s an ongoing process to keep them in good shape. 

The bike park is a family orientated facility that caters for riders of all abilities and enables, through gradual progression, riders to improve all aspects of their skills. It is not a competitor to Hellsend, but one would be wise to hone one’s skills at the bike park before hitting the likes of Hellsend…

B0260FD9-CBE2-41AE-9401-3F1E79348C32.jpeg

Edited by Polkadraai Bike Park

I'm definately going to give this a bash. Just a questions on the permits - I'm a annual winelands member, which includes bottelary hills - does this include the bike park then as well?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 5:53 AM, Polkadraai Bike Park said:

No, free entry to the bike park is an exclusive added of a local Bottelary Hills annual permit. 

Is there any reason why this is the case? Surely it would be beneficial, as it will attract more rubber to the park? 
Been a Bottelary member for years, and now invested in the Winelands Regional Permit, to allow for move variety, now the one place i did use on a regular basis, is off limits. 

No, free entry to the bike park is an exclusive added of a local Bottelary Hills annual permit. 

Ok, I see where this comes from now @leon_pro

There seems to conflicting info out there as per the pic of the trails website

4EDCEC03-B5B9-4CB2-93A6-5D5A09FBC45D.png

• 2 weeks later...

I thoroughly enjoyed the park. It will really improve all aspects of your game. Bit bigger than I thought and can keep you busy for quite a while. The park has a deal with Bottelary BUT not with Winelands to be included in the yearly pass. It's a shame as I assume the Winelands regional is supposed to give the same benefit as each individual zone. I do think it is great value for R 70.00 and worth a drive. A bit of a lower price for kids that is only skilled for the kiddies section might be nice as it's quite small and can only keep them entertained for a limited time.

20221231_110314.jpg