Orbea Rise Owners

Kuys

This thread is dedicated to all South Africa Orbea Rise owners. 

Feel free to share your build, experience etc. 

Edited by Kuys

1 hour ago, Kuys said:

This thread is dedicated to all South Africa Orbea Rise owners. 

Feel free to share your build, experience etc. 

You go first...

Okay I'm not an owner , but want to ask can we make this the Orbea thread? Cause I have some questions I'd like the owners to answer.

And followup , how are the Oiz owners finding the 120mm 32 fox ? It just looks like it flexes when i look at A picture but how's the real world experience been ? 

Personally I'd upgrade to A 120 stepcast 34. Rockshox fans seem to be opting for the Sid 35 which also seems more attractive than the stock setup. Thoughts ?

*Disclaimer I was once one of (boy alliteration you old friend ) those people with the Trance's with the 130mm 32's and I hated it , couldn't sell it quick enough...

1 hour ago, BaGearA said:

Okay I'm not an owner , but want to ask can we make this the Orbea thread? Cause I have some questions I'd like the owners to answer.

And followup , how are the Oiz owners finding the 120mm 32 fox ? It just looks like it flexes when i look at A picture but how's the real world experience been ? 

Personally I'd upgrade to A 120 stepcast 34. Rockshox fans seem to be opting for the Sid 35 which also seems more attractive than the stock setup. Thoughts ?

*Disclaimer I was once one of (boy alliteration you old friend ) those people with the Trance's with the 130mm 32's and I hated it , couldn't sell it quick enough...

I’m used to a Pike on my Evil and the Fox 32 has no noticeable flex to me. Granted, I don’t push the Orbea in the same way but for what I use it fir the fork is perfectly fine. Oh, and, I’m around 110kg. 

8 hours ago, BaGearA said:

I have a 2020 Orbea Oiz, but only a 100mm travel (fox 32 SC).  Can’t answer your question, but if you have other OIZ questions, happy to assist.

Ok back to the Rise: 

Will post a picture later but here are some thoughts:

I have a Rise H15, in blue & grey. Only frame and shock is still stock, the rest all came from my previous bike. 

Lyrik 160mm fork

DT Swiss XM418 rims on 350 hubs (will show speed sensor hack later on)

Currently putting Code brakes on

Recently changed to Shimano 10spd with 11-36 casette. 

Still has stock dropper post (it works, so no reason to change)

Using the bike for both commuting and trail riding. 

Battery life seems really good!

The max torque of 60N.m is sufficient for me. I rarely ride it in boost, mostly in trail that set at aroun d52N.m

My only gripes currently are non-availability of spare derailleur hanger, and that no volume spacers was supplied with the bike for the rear shock (which should have been supplied as per owners manual)

Im considering back engineering the hanger and get one machined. 

To change cables you need to remove motor and battery (and to do that you need a very rare tool to remove the chainring) 

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update on the derailleur hanger: Cycle Lab has stock! 

Description: Nº50 X12 MTB STD

On 9/28/2022 at 9:14 PM, BaGearA said:

Hey BaGearA,

I have the Orbea Oiz M10 TR 2022 model with the 120 mm Fox 34 shock.

It is awesome. cannot fault it

10 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Come now, we all know a thread is useless without photos 😉

Also loving my Oiz, haven't found the fork to be an issue at all but I do miss the Trail setting option on the suspension that my previous Anthem had.

Oiz3.JPG

Looking snazzy with those skin walls. 

Interesting to see some come with the Orbea housebrand cranks and some with the Shimano cranks. 

Still really love mine. Dropper and wider bars made all the difference for me. Also did the Vittoria Barzos. Great tyres. 

6 minutes ago, NickGM said:

More people will find these pretty bikes if the typo in the thead title is fixed.

Fixed, thanks!

1 hour ago, samson99 said:

This is my bike. No couch picture but rather its natural habitat. 😄

bCsmn0gKiSpeJG6ESCFss2CIp8GPGoa6wkdeLVnmTSg-2048x1536.jpg

Looks like you got the little cable guide for the dropper post cable.

4 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Looks like you got the little cable guide for the dropper post cable.

not sure i follow which part you referring to Mr Spin? 

The little plate where the dropper post cable enters the frame. The stock bikes came from Cyclelab with just a normal blanking plate installed. The plate with the port for the cable was a special order.