Tshwane Classic

pmswanepoel

42 minutes ago, Frosty said:

It’s not as simple as that, and I’m in no way defending this specific organiser. Approval could be given a month in advance and something forces a change. The JOC at the council needs to be advised. They are made up of all emergency services and council departments, and they aren’t always available. I’ve been involved with my club’s race since 2006, and we’ve never had approval longer than a few weeks before the event. It’s something we have to deal with.

The problem here is promising things like 80% road closure, in the hope that critical mass will be reached in participants, to then cover the extra costs. If most races are getting less than 2000 entries, excluding 947, what makes an organiser think they will get more than that. 

On the race I helped out we managed to get all the approvals well in advance, maybe a things are a bit easier here in CPT (but also it only involved 1 municipality and not full road closures)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

On the race I helped out we managed to get all the approvals well in advance, maybe a things are a bit easier here in CPT (but also it only involved 1 municipality and not full road closures)

Possibly better in the WP. 

I can only speak for the municipalities of Ekurhuleni (0/10), Lesedi (0/10), JMPD (3/10) and Midvaal (9/10); personal ratings in (brackets).

Hi Guys

We now have a group of 50 plus cyclists who would like to be refunded.

Please join the group and add your details to the Google Forms link if you’d like a refund.

Did you enter the Tshwane Classic 2022?

Would you like a refund ?

I

With this in mind, I am compiling a list of all entrants who wish to be refunded so we can take the process forward. For now, please join the group, I will keep you informed of progress with the matter and would also like your name for an open letter to Hectic Promotions from their customers which will be disseminated publicly stating our case and humbly requesting that we are refunded.

Here is the link to the list of people who would like a refund. Please enter your details here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdHMAiLIyATY50q-BxQI0tFTtH1_QP3acqkh08JwZ10FZ9ZfA/viewform?usp=sf_link

https://chat.whatsapp.com/JcdwluIu2tV00JzfiOcQbq

https://www.iol.co.za/pretoria-news/news/cyclists-dejected-by-11th-hour-tshwane-classic-bicycle-race-postponement-bbceb592-6d6a-4310-ab45-0fe61bce3604

6 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Anyone else got this SMS? 

I would not bet on this actually proceeding. 

Screenshot_2022-11-10-15-48-32-375-edit_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

what race is this ?

Sorry for the confusion but it is postponed to the 10th of December.

Edited by NISI

1 hour ago, Alastair_S1D said:

Sorry this is off topic but do we need to have licenses and all that stuff to ride Rooiwal? 

Every CSA-sanctioned event requires a day licence, if you don’t have CSA Membership.

On 11/1/2022 at 6:42 PM, pmswanepoel said:

I phoned Mauritz whose number I got on the website. Super nice guy, super friendly and helpful. I can simply get an entry at any of the number collection points 👌🙏

Have you tried to contact Mauritz Meyer subsequent to the Tshwane Classic being cancelled to obtain an explanation or to enquire about receiving a refund? I contacted him on WhatsApp on 7 November. He responded that he wants to meet with Tshwane Metro. 
I followed up with him on 12 November. He has not read or responded to my message. 

I reserve judgment on your view that he is a ‘super nice guy’. 

18 minutes ago, Michael Nurick said:

Have you tried to contact Mauritz Meyer subsequent to the Tshwane Classic being cancelled to obtain an explanation or to enquire about receiving a refund? I contacted him on WhatsApp on 7 November. He responded that he wants to meet with Tshwane Metro. 
I followed up with him on 12 November. He has not read or responded to my message. 

I reserve judgment on your view that he is a ‘super nice guy’. 

Everyone is "super nice" until money is involved...

Gauteng Cycling

Follow-up statement on Tshwane Classic 2022.
Following on the 4 points in the statement released on 10 November, the following:
1. Mr Meyer is engaging with Tshwane on its role in the unsuccessful event.
2. Gauteng Cycling and Gauteng North Cycling agreed in principle that the Tshwane Classic should continue as an annual event on the cycling calendar. For clarification: We really would want to see this event annually – it does not imply that it will be organized by Hectic Promotions in future.
3. Mr Meyer has provided Gauteng Cycling with some financial information by the due date set. Unfortunately the information supplied were incomplete and we as Gauteng Cycling can't make any firm conclusions, other than confirm that expenses to present the event was indeed incurred and suppliers were paid, meaning that part of the entry fee has been spent.
4. As for a formal statement by both Gauteng Cycling and Hectic Promotions:
Gauteng Cycling and Gauteng North Cycling confirms it has no involvement with Hectic Promotions or Mr Meyer other than them being a race organiser. Our role in Gauteng is to make sure the Event Organizers do have all the needed approvals in place, therefore we did issue preliminary sanctioning up until the point that, after repeated requests, the organizer could not provide the required approvals.
Hectic Promotions will release their own statement in the next 24 hours.