[Event] Paarl Enduro

ChristiaanSt

1 hour ago, Warren Melissa Go Riding said:

If you coming from either side, just ring the bell, we have never had to show anything. If you do get stopped by a marshal you can just show your phone.

On saturday when we met you guys up at langklip we couldnt get through the gates inside the network without showing armbands… @Robbie Stewart had his band onder a glove and only after he took it out to show the camera did the gate open. Wierd.

thanks though, maybe whoever is sat behind the camera didn't see us

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Warren Melissa Go Riding said:

Better than Banhoek??

They're both good in their own way. Hard to choose but that flow line at Plaisir is hard to beat. But yes, I rate Banhoek as probably my favourite trail for a really fun day out on some very smooth trail with a massive bang for your buck return. Smiles for days to be had there.

33 minutes ago, Warren Melissa Go Riding said:

Hi All,

Quick question, anyone apposed to doing the preview ride on Sunday 4th?

I can try make the Sunday, will see if I am alve after the Plasir Shuttle Day. 

I also managed to face plant at Banhoek yesterday so hopefully my body is healed by the weekend 😅

22 minutes ago, Graham S said:

I can try make the Sunday, will see if I am alve after the Plasir Shuttle Day. 

I also managed to face plant at Banhoek yesterday so hopefully my body is healed by the weekend 😅

no, no, no, no - you can't leave us hanging like this. We need more info. How did you faceplant? Why did you faceplant? Where did you faceplant? 

#asking for a friend :whistling:

3 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

no, no, no, no - you can't leave us hanging like this. We need more info. How did you faceplant? Why did you faceplant? Where did you faceplant? 

what happened to: "Is the bike okay?" :P

1 minute ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Haha! Was actually such a dumb crash. 

Was my first time going down Klipverf so I was just joing around the jumps getting to know the trail before heading back from a "proper" run at it. 

Came up to a small jump and decided to go around it. My front tyre went slightly off the trail which resulted in an instantaneous low side as the bars buckled inwards. Launched me forward down the trail. Landed on my plams and stomach. Chin bar of my helmet hit the ground with full force.... Never been so thankful for my decision to buy a full face helmet! Saved my jaw big time! 

Leatt gloves also held up super well as I went sliding down the trail...

Got away with some brusing on my eft palm, some small roasties on my arms and a bit of a stiff shoulder. Finished off with the Cobra and Afterburner. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-28 at 08.31.19.jpeg

1 hour ago, Graham S said:

Was my first time going down Klipverf so I was just joing around the jumps getting to know the trail before heading back from a "proper" run at it. 

Came up to a small jump and decided to go around it. My front tyre went slightly off the trail which resulted in an instantaneous low side as the bars buckled inwards. Launched me forward down the trail. Landed on my plams and stomach. Chin bar of my helmet hit the ground with full force.... Never been so thankful for my decision to buy a full face helmet! Saved my jaw big time! 

Got away with some brusing on my eft palm, some small roasties on my arms and a bit of a stiff shoulder. Finished off with the Cobra and Afterburner. 

Well, jokes aside, just glad you are ok!

3 hours ago, Graham S said:

Glad you came away with no major injuries. Crashes happen so fast. But that looks like a new jump. I rode there maybe a month ago and I don't recall this. I know they did some work on Afterburner, so I'm keen to head back again. This is probably my favourite trail in the Cape. I just can't get enough of it.

19 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Glad you came away with no major injuries. Crashes happen so fast. But that looks like a new jump. I rode there maybe a month ago and I don't recall this. I know they did some work on Afterburner, so I'm keen to head back again. This is probably my favourite trail in the Cape. I just can't get enough of it.

I must say its a great trail, very easy climbs with fun descents. Will definiteky be going back there. 

It is quite exposed to the sun so I guess getting there very early is ideal. Was baking hot yesterday.

3 hours ago, Warren Melissa Go Riding said:

We aiming to meet at 7:15 on Sunday to leave at 7:30. Its going to be loads of fun

Have you guys decided on a line down DH yet under the trees? So many choices there. Presumedly some of the features will be taped off too so that people don't kill themselves?

Edited by MORNE

3 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Have you guys decided on a line down DH yet under the trees? So many choices there. Presumedly some of the features will be taped off too so that people don't kill themselves?

Nothing down as yet, but it will be taped off ;)

1 hour ago, Graham S said:

I must say its a great trail, very easy climbs with fun descents. Will definiteky be going back there. 

It is quite exposed to the sun so I guess getting there very early is ideal. Was baking hot yesterday.

Yep, that valley gets hot. But to be fair, Hoogekraal was an oven yesterday as well. At least the wind kept things civil. Well, on the Cobra side it did. Crossing over the top the wind was properly howling. Choosing the Snake, Rattle and Roll descent instead of Hammer was a no-brainer unless one has a death wish.

7 hours ago, Warren Melissa Go Riding said:

Hi All,

Quick question, anyone apposed to doing the preview ride on Sunday 4th?

Unfortunately, I can't make Sunday. Will just come and ride blind on the 10th. 😅 Have entered for the 5 stages. Looking forward to it!!

21 hours ago, Warren Melissa Go Riding said:

We aiming to meet at 7:15 on Sunday to leave at 7:30. Its going to be loads of fun

I sadly will have to give this one a miss. The Government reminded me last night we have a previous commitment to honor.

You guys must enjoy it.