BB30 Snaprings (circlip)

NotSoBigBen

Looking for just the BB30 snaprings (circlips) .... anyone maybe have some lying around?

Unfortunately none of my normal suppliers have them, they do obviously have them as a set with the bearings but I already have a new set of bearings!

I'm in Alberhoughton so somewhere around would be ideal ....

TIA

Ben

Hi Ben,

I stay and work close to those areas and I may have a set lying in my toolbox - will have a look this evening and let you know.

1 minute ago, Schnavel said:

Hi Ben,

I stay and work close to those areas and I may have a set lying in my toolbox - will have a look this evening and let you know.

You are a scholar and a gentleman! Thank you so much

43 minutes ago, Wyatt Earp said:

If this is what you are after.

I have 2 for you mahala.

633D5201-B73A-46FE-A607-8365E063C8D4.jpeg

Yebo! Thanks so much, I must just make a plan to get out to you ... I'll be in contact.

Spinnekop might just have and may well be round my area tomorrow so I'll let you know what happens 😎

53 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Yebo! Thanks so much, I must just make a plan to get out to you ... I'll be in contact.

Spinnekop might just have and may well be round my area tomorrow so I'll let you know what happens 😎

Cool

Will keep them aside in any case.

Does your BB30 bb shell have a raised lip against which the bearings are pressed or does it have circlips on the inside of each bearing?

Edited by DieselnDust

Don’t stress BigBen

I will guarantee you that the BB shell only has one recess where the clip sits and the bearing presses against.

The rest of the bearing preload will be done with other spacers.

1 hour ago, Wyatt Earp said:

Don’t stress BigBen

I will guarantee you that the BB shell only has one recess where the clip sits and the bearing presses against.

The rest of the bearing preload will be done with other spacers.

Thank you, was going to ask why I would be looking for circlips if there was a lip for the bearing to 'stop' against 😕 .... since my life I haven't seen a BB30 with a circlip on both sides of each bearing, maar wat weet ek 😉

I have two bikes with BB30.  Proper B30 not PF30 or anything else with a 30mm axle that's is soema called bb30 because the axle is 30mm.

One frame, an older model uses 2snap rings to act as the bearing stops. The bearing is then pressed in and the seals go on the outside.

The next generation BB30 had a step in the BB shell to stop / position the bearing, Hence I always have two spare snap rings when I replace the bearings in that Cannondale frame.

If your frame is like the first, then snap rings. if like the 2nd then no snap rings.

My post above is confusing (pt on phone gets carried away)

PS: You could probably buy those snap rings at any bearing supplier. Its a std snap ring for 42mm bore

Edited by DieselnDust