specialized ebike wheel circumference

soslow

Thank you all so much for the info and advice.

Would changing the circumference to 2000 not effect the real distance travelled on the mission control app?   

Garmin and mission control will show different distances.

Garmin uses GPS so will be more accurate but TBH so does Mission Control use the phone GPS and not the wheel circumference to track you so no it wont make a difference. Garmin is more accurate sometimes than phone - long story about how phone GPS receivers work. TBH BLEVO is the simplest and easiest way to get past all this. I never use Mission control unless for diagnostics. But if you are riding an ebike on the road the 25 kph limit is a complete pain in the arse with a 20 kg plus bike.  I tested an e road bike - a Basso. It was actually completely useless as you easily exceed 25 kph most of the time.

so ....basically.... what we have here is a self help advise thread on how to circumvent the laws governing e-bike speeds.....?

Heads over to the crime and injustice threads wearing my Johnny's cycling gear riding my chipped e-bike

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

so ....basically.... what we have here is a self help advise thread on how to circumvent the laws governing e-bike speeds.....?

Heads over to the crime and injustice threads wearing my Johnny's cycling gear riding my chipped e-bike

No chip needed just use the software provided on the bike.

You know the old story about print speed on IBM printers - when you paid for the upgrade the IBM technician came on site and just changed the geared belt to the bigger gear, which doubled your print speed and at the same time also massively impacted IBMs margins because the printer was built to run at high speed, just made to run slower for a lower priced segment.

Do you really think the motor in the 190kw 3l Diesel Amarok is any different to the 165kw predecessor? All they did is change the code a bit. 

So all we are doing is liberating the functionality that already exists in the bikes 🙂

5 minutes ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

No chip needed just use the software provided on the bike.

You know the old story about print speed on IBM printers - when you paid for the upgrade the IBM technician came on site and just changed the geared belt to the bigger gear, which doubled your print speed and at the same time also massively impacted IBMs margins because the printer was built to run at high speed, just made to run slower for a lower priced segment.

Do you really think the motor in the 190kw 3l Diesel Amarok is any different to the 165kw predecessor? All they did is change the code a bit. 

So all we are doing is liberating the functionality that already exists in the bikes 🙂

First of all Diesel's post was italics - i.e. said in jest.

Secondly though, its not the same as liberating extra power/speed because the manufacturer was holding it back. Everyone knows the bikes are capable of going quicker, they were held back by LAWS governing their speed for safety reasons.

If you want to use your car analogy, the german vehicle manufacturers used to have a maximum agreed speed for their vehicles of 250 km/h. This was for safety concerns. Many of their vehicles could go quicker, and if you visited the correct person they could plug in their laptop and remove this speed limit.

Just now, The Ouzo said:

First of all Diesel's post was italics - i.e. said in jest.

Secondly though, its not the same as liberating extra power/speed because the manufacturer was holding it back. Everyone knows the bikes are capable of going quicker, they were held back by LAWS governing their speed for safety reasons.

If you want to use your car analogy, the german vehicle manufacturers used to have a maximum agreed speed for their vehicles of 250 km/h. This was for safety concerns. Many of their vehicles could go quicker, and if you visited the correct person they could plug in their laptop and remove this speed limit.

yep so was mine. Sorry i wasn't aware of the font change and  but was also having some fun however clearly i am tone deaf to the subtleties of the bike hub. I stand corrected.

FWIW and IMNSHO - Bikes and cars are yours- not the manufacturers. You don't sign a right to use agreement within a certain use case like you see on leases on some cars. You own it. Do with it what you want and use common sense.

But 250kmh on a vehicle is not comparable to 25 kmh on an ebike.  I dont think anyone survived an accident by only going at 250 kmh rather than 320kmh.

FWIW - anything above 140 kmh on a public road is a little crazy so whats the point of 250kmh as a limit - its just window dressing, certainly not safety concerns cause that caused them to limit them but some big ass accidents which found their way on to social media. You will be a big jam splot if you hit anything at above 160kmh in most cases. The limits are window dressing which are put there by the anti lobbies - anti fun brigade IMO and Nazis but i was told calling someone a Nazi is now politically incorrect. I am old and tone deal in many respects 🙂

Ride the bike - have some fun, tweak it - go a bit faster on the ride and feel good about yourself and climb like a young man again on your ebike. Personally i have fun playing with the software and finding out about the tuning of it all and whats in there, bit like a game.