Review: Titan Racing Cypher RS Carbon Ultimate

Matt

12 hours ago, Spike Milligan said:

I did actually, and the large does seem right, but I sit higher on my Giant which makes me wonder. Guess just geometry that is different. 

For what its worth I'm 187 and I have an XL

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jacques Joubert WC said:

For what its worth I'm 187 and I have an XL

Thanks, Jacques! Helps a lot. I have a mate who is 180 and rode a medium Merida, but had to go to the large Cypher so inclined to think a XL might work best for me as well. Going back this arvo for fit on XL, will keep you posted 🤞

20 minutes ago, Spike Milligan said:

Thanks, Jacques! Helps a lot. I have a mate who is 180 and rode a medium Merida, but had to go to the large Cypher so inclined to think a XL might work best for me as well. Going back this arvo for fit on XL, will keep you posted 🤞

I'm 186 so in between L & XL.  Both my bikes are L, I prefer it over XL.  Obviously going to differ from brand to brand.

17 hours ago, Spike Milligan said:

I did actually, and the large does seem right, but I sit higher on my Giant which makes me wonder. Guess just geometry that is different. 

Make Sure that the SAG is set for your weight on fork and shock.

23 hours ago, Spike Milligan said:

Anybody shed some light on the sizing of the frame? Currently on a Giant Anthem Large and looking at the Titan. I am 182 but sense the Titan feels every so slightly a bit smaller...

I am also 187 and just bought the Cypher in XL. Also had the same question on L vs XL - a friend who is my height rides the Cypher in XL and after testing his bike, I was convinced XL is correct. My previous bike is Scott Spark (2019) in a Large so I do think Titan run ever so slightly smaller (but I have done limited testing to claim this for sure). 

I came across a video recently which suggests to rather size up than down on frames if you are in between. It gives added control and stability which most people could do with. Downsizing may feel more “nippy” but it comes at a compromise. 

I am 188 CM tall and ride an XL Titan RS Cypher Pro, which is the perfect fit. By the way my steed is the best value for money carbon carbon ride out there with carbon hoops and great specs. No I do not work for Titan Racing, but have been super impressed with their after sales service. Just my 2 cents worth.

31 minutes ago, woodrow said:

I am 188 CM tall and ride an XL Titan RS Cypher Pro, which is the perfect fit. By the way my steed is the best value for money carbon carbon ride out there with carbon hoops and great specs. No I do not work for Titan Racing, but have been super impressed with their after sales service. Just my 2 cents worth.

Pictures  ?

1 hour ago, woodrow said:

Yap we want pictures, 

2 hours ago, woodrow said:

Yep, self. 👌

3 hours ago, woodrow said:

Literally just bought the exact same bike, it arrived a few days ago. Fully concur with it being the best value for money out there, and I believe the sweet spot in the Cypher range. Busy getting it wrapped in prep for (hopefully) some big rides over the weekend 👍

8 hours ago, Mattman said:

Literally just bought the exact same bike, it arrived a few days ago. Fully concur with it being the best value for money out there, and I believe the sweet spot in the Cypher range. Busy getting it wrapped in prep for (hopefully) some big rides over the weekend 👍

Still No Pictures

10 hours ago, Mattman said:

@Mattman and @woodrow my 189cm XL dad bod wants to see pictures, we are all waiting in anticipation.