• Vet (40-49)
  • Masters (50-59)
  • Grand Masters (60+)
  • E-Bike Full (19+)

Lite Race:

• Nippers (8-10yrs)
  • Sprogs (11-12yrs)
  • Sub Junior (13-14)

(Sport Class 15+ and E-Bike Lite 19+ are NOT eligible for podium)

Riding Gear:

Recommended:

• Knee & elbow pads 
  • Long sleeves 
  • Gloves 

Compulsory:

• NO HELMET, NO RIDE (full faces optional)

Entry Fee:

• Full Race - R450
  • Lite Race - R350
  • +R50 if you do not have a CSA annual membership

Queries:

• christofison90@gmail.com

Go to Event Page.

Edited by Christofison

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Noooooiiis!

I just saw this and wondered when my wife had booked off work in August to visit the family in Mossel Bay... 

I think I will make a turn this year and be rubbish on some trails outside of the greater Cape Town area.

My memories of the old DH trail from the cross and the trail that runs through the old quarry jumps and finishes on those prime steeps needs refreshing

Id also want to go. But you’ve atleast done this one before…even on one of your children's bikes. Can one do this blind?

2 hours ago, MORNE said:

Id also want to go. But you’ve atleast done this one before…even on one of your children's bikes. Can one do this blind?

Definitely

The trails are amazing and just ride them like you would any other trail. We hit most of the first edition blind and the one bit we did practice I messed up, fell off and got lost, so really it's just a case of huge smiles, whoops and radness.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2023 at 11:05 AM, MORNE said:

I did it bat blind last year, survived. Definitely worth a look before you ride it on some of the stages if you can get there the day before and just walk some of the sections.

1 hour ago, Louw S said:

I did it bat blind last year, survived. Definitely worth a look before you ride it on some of the stages if you can get there the day before and just walk some of the sections.

For me the only real tricky bit is that rock garden with multiple lines through it. 

We actually rode it the evening before and I still took a wrong turn and fell over twice trying to figure it out on race day.

The rest is pretty point and shoot stuff. I doubt Morne is going to trouble the scorers at the top end of the field, so smashit it blind just adds to the fun

7 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

For me the only real tricky bit is that rock garden with multiple lines through it. 

We actually rode it the evening before and I still took a wrong turn and fell over twice trying to figure it out on race day.

The rest is pretty point and shoot stuff. I doubt Morne is going to trouble the scorers at the top end of the field, so smashit it blind just adds to the fun

Unless you've been up in the last 2 years there's some new spice you haven't seen...

12 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Yep, I think that section is called Rock n Roll. For me it was a Rock n Walk going down it completely blind, not wanting to go over and not do the rest of the stages. The rest is pretty much point and shoot like Jewbacca said. All about having a jol.

12 minutes ago, droo said:

Unless you've been up in the last 2 years there's some new spice you haven't seen...

I have heard so. I do like spice, but spice I can ride without getting lost 

That Rocky section with all it's lines was just a rabbit warren which a negotiated really badly. 

I'm looking forward to going up again this year. I have allocated some time for it

4 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I have heard so. I do like spice, but spice I can ride without getting lost 

That Rocky section with all it's lines was just a rabbit warren which a negotiated really badly. 

I'm looking forward to going up again this year. I have allocated some time for it

I have taped the whole course for the past 2 years. It was only that first year 2020, when it was basically a free race and you had to follow the pink rocks 😂

On 2/11/2023 at 11:05 AM, MORNE said:

You MUST ride it blind your first time, it’s a write-off passage…😜🤣

I rode in blind in 21 & @Meezorode it blind last year, so we’re passing the beaten baton on to you.

“ride blind you must”

On 2/23/2023 at 9:23 PM, BikeGenie said:

You MUST ride it blind your first time, it’s a write-off passage…😜🤣

I rode in blind in 21 & @Meezorode it blind last year, so we’re passing the beaten baton on to you.

“ride blind you must”

Only problem is @Meezo told me how he almost died haha. 
But blind it will have to be, george isnt exactly 30min away. Might make a weekend of it.