Bike fitment setup

Deano69

24 minutes ago, JuliBoB said:

Irma is very good = she is honest and will "sommer" tell you if your frame is not right for you! :)

Im scared they gonna say I need a new bike 😂

4 hours ago, Deano69 said:

Im scared they gonna say I need a new bike 😂

Hiehie ....

At least Irma does not work for a bike shop.  So zero incentive to recommend a new bike .... BUT, if the size is too far out and cant be adjusted to your dimensions she most certainly will say so.

6 months later, and longer riding distances, my saddle was no longer comfortable .... she opened a drawer and started fitting saddle after saddle, until we found the one that worked.  I had NO idea of brand or model of saddle.  A real blind study, in what "feels right".  Turns out we tested a range of Specialized saddles and my behind liked the Ryder saddle best.  NO, she did not sell me a saddle ... just got me to the point where I knew what to go buy.

Her sessions start with almost 30 minutes of body assessment.  Only once she knows you does the the bike go onto the stand to start the actual bike fitment.

Spent the money visiting reputable fitters recommended over the years on Bikehub. 

Stayed open minded, tried all that was suggested, went through a few saddles, and even did something i swore I'd never do and visited a recommended Chiropractor. 

At the end of it all, I got the best results from watching Bikefit Tuesdays on YouTube (Francis cade channel) and doing my own thing.

So many cyclists advise other riders to learn how to do their own repairs and servicing, so why not successfully fit ourselves too, the info is out there.

If you're still stuck, seek their guidance.

Edited by RossTopher