Taroko Trail

Charity85

Good day Hubbers

Please advise on the current condition of the trails, I read somewhere recently they had a bit of damage after storms.

Further please advise if the trails are gravel bike friendly? Which trails (green, blue etc.) would you suggest for someone riding a gravel bike?

Thanks

5 hours ago, dasilvarsa said:

Yellow Route 100% OK

Green Route Don't do Reeds, River Section, or the Ruins.

It's Wet at the moment.

River section is fine, the guys spent the better part of three days sorting it out. Ruins, also 100%. Reeds is touch and go, especially after last night’s rain.
A few wet sections around, but what isn’t taped off can be ridden by a gravel bike. 

Updates are regularly posted on their FB/Insta plus there’s a website with email and Whatsapp 

Edited by Danger Dassie

6 hours ago, Charity85 said:

Good day Hubbers

Please advise on the current condition of the trails, I read somewhere recently they had a bit of damage after storms.

Further please advise if the trails are gravel bike friendly? Which trails (green, blue etc.) would you suggest for someone riding a gravel bike?

Thanks

Have ridden everything there on a gravel bike. The nice part is that you can stretch out a ride and/or avoid sections by exploring the service roads in and around the trails/reserve.

Rode there on Sunday. Was a bit of mud but nothing unrideable. Bike and clothes needed a proper wash though. Didnt do the last single track so not sure what that's like. But managed the river section and ruins without a hassle. 

Edited by stevieg8

Rode it, not too bad, just a very dirty bike and one gent who didnt know the depth/strength of the mud. 

Novice advice; let it dry out a little more. 

• 1 month later...

Rode on Friday , the trails are looking great. Mud is all dried up. Loads of black jacks though. The final singe track is awesome.

But seems the sparrow hawks are back along the river, got buzzed twice.

Edited by stevieg8

• 5 months later...