Is an integrated handlebar worth it?

Adam2007

On this specific time I'm riding a flat carbon handlebar. I stumbled upon this website called Trifox. They make all sorts of carbon components. They have the carbon integrated handlebar RBH 200 for 2k. Now I'm wondering if it is worth upgrading to it?

Read up on this recently discussed topic...https://forum.bikehub.co.za/topic/193888-internal-routing-all-its-cracked-up-to-be/?do=getNewComment

For a MTB, I've never thought it worth it. How much does aero matter on your mtb rides?  If you are aiming to win races or you're riding a lot of district roads then maybe it does. I'd be curious to see figures on how different the CdA is on this vs a normal stem/bar setup for an upright mtb setup (the standard nest of cables is still up front on the new bar anyway).

For a road bike I'm much more of a fan. You're more likely to have days out in a headwind or just to hold higher speeds for longer. Also the road bike will have the advantage of having more room for a proper wing profile on the horizontal part of the bar.

Edited by 100Tours

42 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

What about the carbon wheels? 

Decided to keep my old bike. It's in anyway a full carbon bike top to bottom 29 er. But decided that I'm going to upgrade it.😅👍🏻

1 minute ago, gemmerbal said:

I must be mistaken…

IMG_3354.png

I wanted to sell this bike with the wheels and buy a pair of other carbon rims for another bike with alu wheels. But changed my mind.

When building up my Dale I decided to buy an integrated handlebar from Trifox.

I settled on the IMX Elevate carbon bar with a 60mm stem. This model comes with an integrated mount for your cycling computer and a go pro style mount for a cycling light.

I decided to cut the bar down to 760mm and coming from a riser type allu bar I can vouch for definitely an improvement of gravel road vibration on my hands. I can ride for hours on end using this bar and my hands do not get sore. I have since also bought a carbon seatpost from Trifox and their products are quality.

PS: And the looks is killer...

chdlbar.jpg

26 minutes ago, wisecrack said:

When building up my Dale I decided to buy an integrated handlebar from Trifox.

I settled on the IMX Elevate carbon bar with a 60mm stem. This model comes with an integrated mount for your cycling computer and a go pro style mount for a cycling light.

I decided to cut the bar down to 760mm and coming from a riser type allu bar I can vouch for definitely an improvement of gravel road vibration on my hands. I can ride for hours on end using this bar and my hands do not get sore. I have since also bought a carbon seatpost from Trifox and their products are quality.

PS: And the looks is killer...

chdlbar.jpg

I'm glad to hear this. Thanks for the advice. Your right the handlebar looks🔥🔥