Beginner cyclist(15yr) looking for parts

Maxelo Baloyi

Hi,Im maxelo Baloyi,a beginner cyclist who’s 15 and a student at the local Louis Trichardt high school in Limpopo looking for donations in spare parts to help with performance and the coming schools MTB races along with other MTB events in a month.

I’ve got a second hand ,entry level size S .Scott Contessa Scale 710(2015 model) bought from a local.I’m looking for help in possibly replacing the worn out cassette,chain and possibly replace other dead beat parts which were over ridden by the last owner.

Any donations or help would be greatly appreciated as my family has to stick to their budget and can’t afford to break the bank currently

Edited by Maxelo Baloyi

Performance has a lot to do with personal drive/ambition and fitness/skill.

Suggest you draw up a list of parts needed and specify the size or type needed. Start with the kind of bike you have and work it from there...

1 hour ago, Maxelo Baloyi said:

I’m a beginner cyclist looking for donations in spare parts to help with performance and the coming schools MTB races in a month.Any donations are appreciated highly.

I don't know how old you are, but how about finding a part-time job? I work at a bikeshop on weekends to help pay for my riding, and I have also learnt a helluva lot of very useful skills. I came in knowing the very basic mechanical stuff, but now I can do everything except build wheels and do damper rebuilds.

There's no harm in asking, I started working for free just to learn, but now it is a source of income that I use to supplement funds for my riding and other personal endeavours.

13 hours ago, Maxelo Baloyi said:

I’m a beginner cyclist looking for donations in spare parts to help with performance and the coming schools MTB races in a month.Any donations are appreciated highly.

Hey mate,

I know nothing of your circumstances so no judgement here. Since your post is a bit vague, my advice is to mention exactly what you have and exactly what you're looking for. And you never know what may come up.

Maybe I’m wrong, and then I deserve to be thrashed for this, but this sets my spidey senses tingling. Post here asking for free parts, that soon enough will end up on Facebook marketplace or the classifieds here.

If the OP is legit a new rider looking for help, then a bit more info should be provided. 

Where is he based? 
What school is he riding for?

Many schools have programs to help development of riders with limited means, and there are many other organisations that also help with this sort of thing. So if the OP let’s us know a bit more, maybe some proper assistance can be forthcoming. But an approach of, hey, I’m new to cycling, please donate stuff to me, does not sit well.

So, tell us a bit more about yourself? Depending on where you are and what you need, I would be happy to help if I can. But I’m not just going to empty my spares bins and ship them off to you hoping some of it is useful.