Stomp Lox or similar available locally?

MilkManMike

Anyone know of anything remotely similar locally available? I came across a review of these on bike rumour, and now I just have to have a pair. I have always wondered why no one makes bike shoes that look like normal shoes I would actually wear. But at USD250, plus shipping and probably 45% import duties, that’s going to be an insanely expensive shoe.

https://stomplox.com/

Anything similar available locally, or if imported, at a bit of a more reasonable price?

8 hours ago, MilkManMike said:

Anyone know of anything remotely similar locally available? I came across a review of these on bike rumour, and now I just have to have a pair. I have always wondered why no one makes bike shoes that look like normal shoes I would actually wear. But at USD250, plus shipping and probably 45% import duties, that’s going to be an insanely expensive shoe.

Anything similar available locally, or if imported, at a bit of a more reasonable price?

Why not consider adidas velosamba? IMO waaaay more good looking, and only 100 dollars retail overseas. No idea how much shipping and import duties would cost, but they will still end up cheaper than the 250 the stomp lox go for (and you get way more style points).

8 hours ago, MilkManMike said:

I would consider cause its made in Japan 

But since there are 'normal' shoe options locally I can't see myself going that route 

6 minutes ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

Why not consider adidas velosamba? IMO waaaay more good looking, and only 100 dollars retail overseas. No idea how much shipping and import duties would cost, but they will still end up cheaper than the 250 the stomp lox go for (and you get way more style points).

I refuse to support anything that promotes itself as vegan for starters. And the style/look of the stom lox is what is most appealing to me about them.

1 minute ago, BaGearA said:

I would consider cause its made in Japan 

But since there are 'normal' shoe options locally I can't see myself going that route 

Can you point me in the direction of the locally available options? My leatts are pretty normal looking in that they resemble other sneakers, but they are clearly still bikeshoes. Would love a pair of low key plain leather spd compatible shoes for daily use

23 minutes ago, MilkManMike said:

Can you point me in the direction of the locally available options? My leatts are pretty normal looking in that they resemble other sneakers, but they are clearly still bikeshoes. Would love a pair of low key plain leather spd compatible shoes for daily use

Bontrager SSR's 

Shimano also have but you'll have to call or go to your nearest cyclelab

2 hours ago, MilkManMike said:

I refuse to support anything that promotes itself as vegan for starters. And the style/look of the stom lox is what is most appealing to me about them.

I could care less if they are vegan, but I still far prefer how they look.

But I guess that's why different looking shoes are made. I could personally never bring myself to spend over 250 dollars on shoes, but if you have the money, go for it.

2 hours ago, BaGearA said:

Bontrager SSR's 

Shimano also have but you'll have to call or go to your nearest cyclelab

Thanks, but they are pretty much in the same style as most of the other trail type or bikepacking type shoes. Not really different to the leatts I have, and love.

Those Stomp Locs, made from real leather, and stitched instead of glued, and pretty much devoid of any branding, and looking like a proper pair of multipurpose outdoor shoes I would happily wear with chinos to a meeting, are just special. Too much bike stuff today is plastic and polyester. I really like this, and I don’t thing there are any locally available alternatives, so I guess I will need to start saving….coz after duties they’re gonna be seriously expensive…. But with proper care, at least they should last a decade or so…

51 minutes ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

I could care less if they are vegan, but I still far prefer how they look.

But I guess that's why different looking shoes are made. I could personally never bring myself to spend over 250 dollars on shoes, but if you have the money, go for it.

Thanks, yes, fortunately tastes differ and we are allowed our own preferences….

My issue with veganism is that I very strongly support sustainable living, and once you scratch the surface, there is nothing sustainable about modern veganism. Buying into the hype keeps feeding the beast…

3 hours ago, MilkManMike said:

spacer.png 

On 6/18/2023 at 7:28 PM, MilkManMike said:

Thanks, but they are pretty much in the same style as most of the other trail type or bikepacking type shoes. Not really different to the leatts I have, and love.

Those Stomp Locs, made from real leather, and stitched instead of glued, and pretty much devoid of any branding, and looking like a proper pair of multipurpose outdoor shoes I would happily wear with chinos to a meeting, are just special. Too much bike stuff today is plastic and polyester. I really like this, and I don’t thing there are any locally available alternatives, so I guess I will need to start saving….coz after duties they’re gonna be seriously expensive…. But with proper care, at least they should last a decade or so…

Chat to a proper cobbler and see what he can do. You may need a set of donor soles from an old pair of shoes, but the uppers should be no great challenge to someone who knows what he's doing.

On 6/18/2023 at 7:32 PM, MilkManMike said:

Thanks, yes, fortunately tastes differ and we are allowed our own preferences….

My issue with veganism is that I very strongly support sustainable living, and once you scratch the surface, there is nothing sustainable about modern veganism. Buying into the hype keeps feeding the beast…

5 mins research into the Costa del polythene/sea of plastics in Almeira Spain and you will be very weary where you buy fruit and Veg in the EU...