CSA introduces National Road Cycling Series

DroppedRider

49 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

..... but was scared of getting dropped and then being left out in the middle of nowhere with no support.

The whole focus of the offer needs to change in order to get more people involved. Good riders who simply don't know how it works and the information isn't available or that level of support doesn't exist.

If CSA wants more members, more revenue and more people at bike races, they need to offer things and market things at a different crowd entirely.

^^^ THIS ^^^

Last year a friend asked me to join the Winelands race.

I just laughed it off.  They kept on asking ....

Imagine my total surprise to find out there is actually a starting group for ebikes.  And to see masses of fun riders .... even @MORNE  on his gravel bike.

The organisers had even embraced the fact that the group of racers up front will finish LONG before the rest.

Prize giving and lucky draw for the early finishers.

party vibe welcoming the fun riders, then another lucky draw.

My perceptions of a "road race event" could not have been further off mark .....

Maybe a shift in marketing can attrack more bums in saddles ?  This event certainly already caters for a wide spectrum of riders.

99er seemed to cater for an equally wide an audience.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ChrisF said:

^^^ THIS ^^^

Last year a friend asked me to join the Winelands race.

I just laughed it off.  They kept on asking ....

Imagine my total surprise to find out there is actually a starting group for ebikes.  And to see masses of fun riders .... even @MORNE  on his gravel bike.

The organisers had even embraced the fact that the group of racers up front will finish LONG before the rest.

Prize giving and lucky draw for the early finishers.

party vibe welcoming the fun riders, then another lucky draw.

My perceptions of a "road race event" could not have been further off mark .....

Maybe a shift in marketing can attrack more bums in saddles ?  This event certainly already caters for a wide spectrum of riders.

99er seemed to cater for an equally wide an audience.

Ive said it many times, i don't ride events for bragging rights. I dont care about racing licences, CSA, PPA and any of that bs. All i know about CSA is that they make me pay extra for events, and then when i get there, there is literally no mention, sight of them. So in my eyes at least….they are like the ANC. You choose what that means to you…

I know full well ill never place higher than mid pack. I join these things for the fun, vibe and to ride a route I cant (read choose not to for safety reasons) do alone. Most of these so called associations offer no value to n plonker like me. I dont partake in an event once or twice a month so a current membership and the marketed benefits are useless to me….and most people like me.

Edited by MORNE

21 hours ago, Frosty said:

I would rather they have local events that allows one to compete for provincial representation, then have an Inter Provincial event where they compete against each other. 

This!!!!

I am deffo not against what they are trying to do with this series, but the above from FROSTY would be ideal !!!!

20 hours ago, Spinnekop said:

I'll license up when CSA starts to SEED people according to ability and not according to the amount they pay.

And this !!!!!!!

Way back in the day it used to be like this, cant see why they cant do this again.

21 hours ago, Spinnekop said:

I'll license up when CSA starts to SEED people according to ability and not according to the amount they pay.

No age groups then. just Cat 1 Cat 2 etc. 

• 1 month later...

Too close to replace it now - sadly we will need to proceed without the Satellite.

There will be an updated post this week will share it here too.