Wahoo, am i being unreasonable?

Leith

Flip, that sounds like a terrible experience, they are on here so keen to hear what they say. 
The outlay on these units is not small either. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Dobri said:

Have you or anyone else ordered the RS PRO Timing Belt, 170 Teeth, 850mm Length, 15mm Width belt from RS / BMG and installed it onto the Kick Core? Does it fit and does it work? I need to replace my Kick Core belt soon.

Yes @figjam_sa has bought a belt from them before

1 hour ago, cadenceblur said:

Flip, that sounds like a terrible experience, they are on here so keen to hear what they say. 
The outlay on these units is not small either. 

Yes you can buy from them! They are solid!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2023 at 10:08 PM, figjam_sa said:

Yes you can buy from them! They are solid!

Hi there, I ordered the RS belt and it was delivered very quickly, however, I noticed it is about 1.5mm narrower than the existing belt on the Kickr Core. Before I try to exchange the belts - should I be worried about this? Does it make a difference? Advice from the guys who bought it and installed it please.

I have a Kickr 3 and don't have the original belt anymore. So can't really say now whether it's narrower or not, but it is still holding up fine for now. 

• 1 month later...

Hello all. I have a Wahoo Kick Gen 3. Previously the driver board gave issues and this was replaced by the agents here in SA, when they were still in Pretoria. Now a few years later I am having issues again with connectivity. It appears the Ant+ doesn't connect at all and the bluetooth drops mid ride and then have to reset everything. Sent the unit down to Cape Town to Ikhambi and the response is "Sorry no longer supported but we can give you a discount on a new unit if you wish"

The kickr is still in great shape but seems like something on the driver board again. Is there any private repairs in Jhb or Pta that are prepared to have a go at repairing this?

Many thanks 

Dany