Looking for Q-Lock 15mm Axle

PappaWatTrap

Hi Everyone 

Our Q-Lock 15 axle disintegrated on a ride with our Avalanche Envi with the Epicon 29er fork. 

Do any of you know where I could get it from?

IMG_3076.jpeg

Edited by PappaWatTrap

Isn't this the same as the one on Suntour? They're pretty expensive btw. I paid like R750 for one a couple of years ago. I bought another one recently, wait let me quickly look for it................................................................................................................................................................................................. Thumb fatigue 🥵🥱. Found it 😁

Some of the silverback Sola's came with a Suntour Epicon fork with Q-lock so maybe try CycleLab they are now agent's for Silverback maybe they carry spairs. 

Edited by Barry

4 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Isn't this the same as the one on Suntour? They're pretty expensive btw. I paid like R750 for one a couple of years ago. I bought another one recently, wait let me quickly look for it................................................................................................................................................................................................. Thumb fatigue 🥵🥱. Found it 😁

16895380543459052833705752504042.jpg

168953806700761051785695410053.jpg

7 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

16895380543459052833705752504042.jpg

168953806700761051785695410053.jpg

Not sure but i think you are missing the expader thing at the end. I have two laying around somewhere that are missing the end clip.

Edited by Barry

Shot thank you everyone, I will do some calling around. 

Now the next challenge is finding a non boost front wheel with a 15mm hub. @RobertWhitehead do you have something laying around in a 29er? 

13 minutes ago, PappaWatTrap said:

Now the next challenge is finding a non boost front wheel with a 15mm hub. @RobertWhitehead do you have something laying around in a 29er? 

I do yes, only front wheel? 

37 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I do yes, only front wheel? 

Yes only the front wheel, is the hub uniform throughout, cause if it expands in the then it will be hell to take out the axle

15 minutes ago, PappaWatTrap said:

Yes only the front wheel, is the hub uniform throughout, cause if it expands in the then it will be hell to take out the axle

Sent you a DM

13 minutes ago, PappaWatTrap said:

You press the axle before removing it this contracts the expanded jaws and axle will slide out. It shouldn't expand inside the hub but yea i get what you saying and it could happen. 

1 hour ago, PappaWatTrap said:

Maybe between the remains of your axle and the parts Robert has you can make a complete axle.

4 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

That can also work. 

If you don't come right i will have a scrach through my scrap pile. I have two somewhere that are missing the small washer and c-clip.

sr-suntour-q-loc-axle-replacement.jpg

1 hour ago, RobertWhitehead said:

That can also work. 

Found them but they missing bits. Maybe can make 1 form the 4.

20230717_115907.jpg

20230717_115929.jpg

5 minutes ago, Barry said:

Found them but they missing bits. Maybe can make 1 form the 4.

20230717_115907.jpg

20230717_115929.jpg

That actually looks complete 😁