[Event] Tour de Worcester Road Race

MyriadEventsSA

The ceder, the fedhealth MTB and tour de Worcester allmon the same weekend. Hmmmmm...... What to do?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mamil said:

The ceder, the fedhealth MTB and tour de Worcester allmon the same weekend. Hmmmmm...... What to do?

And Vines&Views weekend one week earlier ... 😉

Season is getting BUSY !

Fedhealth seems inviting for us .... (granted that we already committed to V&V)

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Time to start testing tyre pressures...

I brought 28mm contis 5000 from france, wasn't expecting to have to put them on so soon

last year they let everyone start together, was not fun. I hope they dont do the same this year.

That was because of mishaps with seeding before the event that could not be corrected when brought to organisers attention on the morning of the race. Insider info says they will decide on the number of start groups once entries close.

38 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

That was because of mishaps with seeding before the event that could not be corrected when brought to organisers attention on the morning of the race. Insider info says they will decide on the number of start groups once entries close.

ooooooh I didn't know that, but now I remember lots of splits after the race restarted (after getting lost 10 times), must not have been fun for some !

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

after getting lost 10 times

Hopefully this time round the route will not be change last minute. Shouldn't since that was council requiring that we avoid town intersections last year and the new route does that. Last year we were turned around a million times because not all marshals and comms had the correct GPX file from the 24h before the event change in route...

Ouch .... does not inspire confidence for new entrants ....

Hope they get it right this time

Got dropped so hard last the roll to the finish was painful... Along with the organised chaos in the start I promised myself I won't be back (it's moersa trek from home). Still better than  @Meezo who's double puncture within 2kms of the start forced him to nap for 4hrs in the car and wait for me to finish 🫠

Fortunately I've gotten over that disaster race but based on current form i still won't be back. Lol 🤣

48 minutes ago, babse said:

Got dropped so hard last the roll to the finish was painful... Along with the organised chaos in the start I promised myself I won't be back (it's moersa trek from home). Still better than  @Meezo who's double puncture within 2kms of the start forced him to nap for 4hrs in the car and wait for me to finish 🫠

Fortunately I've gotten over that disaster race but based on current form i still won't be back. Lol 🤣

Yjor i had just got over this now the dreadful reminder 

1 hour ago, Meezo said:

Yjor i had just got over this now the dreadful reminder 

To think about it, if you continued to race after your puncture, you would of been ahead of the race because we got lost so many times in the town

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Do slow people do this? 

A handful of cat 3 level riders entered last year yes.

10 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

A handful of cat 3 level riders entered last year yes.

hahahaha

I don't know what sort of level 'Cat3' is unfortunately

Sub3 Argus but like 2:59? 

Or more 3:20 to 3:30?

I have no real benchmark but really enjoyed riding in an organised group on Sunday before getting horribly dropped at 150km