[Event] Durbie Dash Mountain Bike

Jacques|DurbieDash

TIMING FEEDBACK -

Vines and Views used "Race Online" to do the timing.  They used either the old Race Tech board or the new smaller board.

For Durbie Dash the timing is done by "Finish Time".  They will use the old Race Tech board or a TEMPORARY CHIP .... which they will GIVE to you, and must be returned after the event.  JIP, no charge for the temporary CHIP for the MTB ride.

PS - Interesting that BOTH  events claim to be seeding events for CTCT, but use different timing systems and operators .....

PPS - Flip to the Durbie Dash ROAD thread for feedback on the ROAD timing for this year.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Rouxenator said:

Is RaceTec kaput now?

Gone like last weeks newspaper .....

couple of the new timekeepers still have the technology, so the old boards are still being used at some events .... Like Durbie Dash

6 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Gone like last weeks newspaper .....

couple of the new timekeepers still have the technology, so the old boards are still being used at some events .... Like Durbie Dash

Aye, this is only my 2nd RaceTec board. Got it at the 2015 Procupine Ridge MTB after my first one got stolen along with my 2014 Giant Revel. 

IMG_20231012_190711.jpg.0275286199955d7d95c3334c0e8ecbce.jpg

IMG_20231012_190816.jpg.5fec57501a61f9c1fe91455b7ccf58c6.jpg

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

TIMING FEEDBACK -

Vines and Views used "Race Online" to do the timing.  They used either the old Race Tech board or the new smaller board.

For Durbie Dash the timing is done by "Finish Time".  They will use the old Race Tech board or a TEMPORARY CHIP .... which they will GIVE to you, and must be returned after the event.  JIP, no charge for the temporary CHIP for the MTB ride.

PS - Interesting that BOTH  events claim to be seeding events for CTCT, but use different timing systems and operators .....

PPS - Flip to the Durbie Dash ROAD thread for feedback on the ROAD timing for this year.

I was forced to buy a race tec board for the MTB event, couldn't uncheck the board option or select anything different

On 10/11/2023 at 1:29 PM, ChrisF said:

Worth noting the new board is a significantly smaller,  actually fits on the one half of the handle bar.  The old board is too wide and I

😱😱😱😱

you mount your boards off-center ????

HERETIC!!!!!

So the old racetec board is massive and un-aero, but the new temporary chip has to be put on the seatpost ? :D

So basically I bought a permanent board 2 months back which is so big only for them to introduce a much more compact one a month later.

And on the road side, you pay for a new board with the Argus entry, and then essentially pay for a second one if you add up all the temp chips for all the pre races we do.

These okes ripping us off and just smiling🤣

6 hours ago, Jbr said:

So the old racetec board is massive and un-aero, but the new temporary chip has to be put on the seatpost ? :D

Any pics of what their new MTB boards look like ?

SURELY they cant be THAT STUPID  to think that piece of blue plastic can fit over a dropper post ... :cursing:

as far as I know the mtb boards are the same, I did all the road to durbanville to pick up two stickers.

there were fresh MTB boards that looked just like mine, I think it's only the road that uses that new system

On 10/10/2023 at 2:28 PM, Hilton. said:

Not much, just what I can see from the small route map on the website:

spacer.png

I compared that with Google Maps to zoom in a bit. 

On 10/10/2023 at 9:12 PM, babse said:

Did it that same year. Proper tough yet rewarding route. Way more fun that the 30min road race (so it feels) 

Was half decent on the MTB back then too.

https://strava.app.link/1Jc7tV03MDb

any water stops? can't see any info on it

Yo, that was tough. I did my share of walking (with cramping quads, eina). Route was lovely 😀 I loved the downhills, all the switch backs and little jumps. The climbing in the last 15km was rough. Well done to all who finished. That inspired me to get stronger for the next races. And just enjoy being on the MTB 😄

Wonderful day out. 

Great trail markings. Excellent traffic control and marshals. Beautiful trails as always 

Just whish they had better stocked water points. Water and coke just doesn't always cut it. Usually energade/powerade available. 

Regardless. Overall a very nice event. 

20231014_095130.jpg

20231014_095133.jpg

20231014_095135.jpg

20231014_095150.jpg

20231014_095138.jpg

That was as tough as it gets but an impeccably organized event. Loved the community gees with the high school students and parents. 

Thanks for the pictures V18, at that point I wasn't quite up to appreciating the views.