[Event] Durbie Dash Road

Jacques|DurbieDash

Event Name: Durbie Dash Road
When: 14/10/2023
Where: DurbanvilleCape Town, Western Cape
Category: Road

Want to improve your seeding for the 2024 Cape Town Cycle Tour? You're in luck! The 90 km Wheatlands Dash is proudly a Cape Town Cycle Tour seeding event. If you are weekend warrior, the 46 km route offers the same beautiful scenery and great camaraderie without the pain of riding 90km.

Go to Event Page.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entered for this one.

First official road event of the season. Should be a good one. Hopefully weather is good as well.

Note:
Queries and changes will only be dealt with at registration. No changes or late entries will be facilitated on race day.

Does this mean no registration on race day? Not clear...

23 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Note:
Queries and changes will only be dealt with at registration. No changes or late entries will be facilitated on race day.

Does this mean no registration on race day? Not clear...

Late entries at registration (so wed, thu, friday).

I just received my number, so I'm assuming they have done the seeding, but when I check on racetec and PPA, seeding is still from DD last year on racetec side and TDC on PPA side (that one being completely ridiculous btw I have an index of 1.something from an average overall performance)

Edited by Jbr

24 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

It says no late entries on race day.

Seems pretty clear to me.

The late entry part is clear, yes but I'm talking about registration.

1. Registration and late entry dates are supplied.
2. Late entry is specified to not be possible on race day.

1 + 2 implies that something (other than racing) might be possible on race day, but not late entries or changes. You cannot logically infer that registration is possible or impossible on race day from the info supplied though, hence me saying "not clear".

9 minutes ago, Jbr said:

when I check on racetec and PPA, seeding is still from DD last year on racetec side and TDC on PPA side

I'm guessing they are going off of PPA seeding.

5 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

I'm guessing they are going off of PPA seeding.

Can't see my recent racetec races (Old Hermon/Gravel Monster) anywhere :( Doesn't help deciding which race to do this weekend 😭

Okayyyyy ... did the registration thing at CWC.

THANKS to CWC for opening their shop floor for this :thumbup:  (I was one of many that exited via the tills with an item or two ... good business)

No complaints about the goodie bag .... cant complain about nothing. :P

So finally we get to SEE what the secrecy was regarding the new "temporary chips" ....

FinishTimetempchip.JPG.70fde2b9ca0882e20144cde839eb1c85.JPG

This plastic board has the chip, and your race number on the one side.  The rubber holder, and plastic board gets cable tied to the seat post .... board must be horizontal.

This may work well for 99% of riders. 

Those with short seat posts will need to find a work around ....  and heaven forbid you already use the seatpost ....

JIP ... I have my second water bottle there .... :ph34r: 

Spent a LOT of time with the "Finish Time" staff ... 

- "Turn the board forward" ... the fact that the board is actually angled escapes this gents grasp .... the fact that the board protrudes past my saddle and my well damage my bib when I stop escapes this gents grasp.

- "Place it inside the triangle, facing forward" .... again the angle escapes this gent .... I showed him pictures, and explained it wont fit, just no comprehension .... got home and checked, NO, it does NOT fit (too long, it touches the bottle in the frame ... even when I flip the number upside down to actually mount the board horizontal)

Seriously considering chucking the board into my toptube bag .... it will be similar height off the ground, and almost horizontal .....

25 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

THANKS to CWC for opening their shop floor for this :thumbup:  (I was one of many that exited via the tills with an item or two ... good business)

So finally we get to SEE what the secrecy was regarding the new "temporary chips" ....

This plastic board has the chip, and your race number on the one side.  The rubber holder, and plastic board gets cable tied to the seat post .... board must be horizontal.

Those with short seat posts will need to find a work around ....  and heaven forbid you already use the seatpost ....

- "Turn the board forward" ... the fact that the board is actually angled escapes this gents grasp .... the fact that the board protrudes past my saddle and my well damage my bib when I stop escapes this gents grasp.

- "Place it inside the triangle, facing forward" .... again the angle escapes this gent .... I showed him pictures, and explained it wont fit, just no comprehension .... got home and checked, NO, it does NOT fit (too long, it touches the bottle in the frame ... even when I flip the number upside down to actually mount the board horizontal)

Seriously considering chucking the board into my toptube bag .... it will be similar height off the ground, and almost horizontal .....

You can keep it in your back pocket and it will still read. I dunno why they come with all this nonsense. Must be at certain angles etc. It will read over timing may no matter what angle and height it is. 

14 hours ago, ChrisF said:

You have a seatpost bottle and top tube bag? Doing two laps?
Jokes aside, surely you have 3cm of seatpost available below your bottle?

15 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Not a major thing here but they put the sticker on the wrong side of the tag as well. We ride on the left side of the road so from on aesthetics point, the numbers wont be visible. Also just looks better on the drive side of the bike.

Edited by Bub Marley

18 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Not a major thing here but they put the sticker on the wrong side of the tag as well. We ride on the left side of the road so from on aesthetics point, the numbers wont be visible. Also just looks better on the drive side of the bike.

Finish line camera will be on the left side of the road so they need it that side to read numbers and correctly place @Jbr