Which roads are open?

Bub Marley

Any update on the state of our roads? My DC Team were planning on a long ride to Franschhoek this weekend however seems like Franschhoek pass still closed?

Anyone have an update on Franschhoek Pass, Bains Kloof, Chappies etc? Trying to plan a route.

8 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Any update on the state of our roads? My DC Team were planning on a long ride to Franschhoek this weekend however seems like Franschhoek pass still closed?

Anyone have an update on Franschhoek Pass, Bains Kloof, Chappies etc? Trying to plan a route.

I rode Smits/Red hill way this morning to avoid chappies. A bit of mud and stones on red hill, but rideable.

There a huge piles of debris next to the roads as you head south.

Chappies is definitely still closed.

1 hour ago, Bub Marley said:

I think you might want to leave Franschhoek alone this weekend at least.

Pass itself had broken trees

update was yesterday morning. check in here next few days for best info.

https://www.westerncape.gov.za/news/road-closure-alert-26-september

2 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

This is a conversation with a Client in Franschhoek this morning .... maybe give that area a miss this weekend and let the locals recover a bit.

image.png.4d3e73a4fc88fc5b6d62141e539d9deb.png

I think Stanford is still under water and there are huge pieces of road missing from most mountainous areas.

I'd stay local and ride into the reserve and to Cape Point and back via Smits, Red hill and Black hill.

3 minutes ago, Hairy said:

And another client in Franschhoek
image.png.201c7f0aa43363685b0eca85a2377a05.png

no water, are the people blind?

ja, tuff times if you were close to water. they will, in general, be ok in the end..