Trail Daze 2.0 | Greyton

News bot

With Episode One and Episode Two of Trail Daze shining a light on two quick & easy local trails, it was time for our first destination episode. The extended and frustratingly wet Western Cape winter made things particularly challenging to plan, but we managed to find a small break in the treacherous weather and hit the road with our one-of-a-kind Mercedes-Benz Sprinter AWD mobile home conversion. Just under 2 hours drive from Cape Town, lies the quaint and exceptionally picturesque town of Greyton. It checks all the boxes when looking for an adventurous weekend away – accommodation options, great food, […]

View full article

Greyton is a kiff place to go ride, hope the trails survived the deluge last weekend. They are well built but that was a megatoncrapload of H2O that fell.

plus it has a brewery.

our resident @guidodg has a great thread going here.

Amazing shots!

I’m an annual Greyton visitor, lotto winnings would immediately buy me a holiday home there.

Hoping the trails are rideable again by the end of December, going to be there for a week over the new year…

I recall a rather lovely if very windy ride  on one of the featured trails a December or two ago, Take your climbing legs.

I’ve lived in Greyton for over four years but frankly it’s made me far less of a mountain biker after a couple of years riding the trails (all of them). Most are not technically challenging at all. The only route worth mentioning in the Bakenskop black route that is tough and technical running along narrow ridges and rock drops. And in Winter these trails are destroyed by erosion, mud and a lot of slop. We’re relocating back to Cape Town early next year where I’ll ride daily my favourite trails again: Tokai and Constantia Nek to Newlands - and Boyes Drive has decent singletrack on both sides too.

Hi Andrew [am assuming that is your name from your URL link]

I understand that Greyton does not have very technical singletrack , but at least you get to ride directly from home and there is always something to ride, be it singletrack or forest, in relative safety without the worry of being mugged and without the worries of traffic getting home afterwards...

I lived in Muizenberg 2 years ago...where exactly are the singletracks around Boyes Dr???

Edited by guidodg

3 minutes ago, guidodg said:

.where exactly are the singletracks around Boyes Dr???

I was wondering the same thing... 

1 hour ago, fusion01 said:

I’ve lived in Greyton for over four years but frankly it’s made me far less of a mountain biker after a couple of years riding the trails (all of them). Most are not technically challenging at all. The only route worth mentioning in the Bakenskop black route that is tough and technical running along narrow ridges and rock drops. And in Winter these trails are destroyed by erosion, mud and a lot of slop. We’re relocating back to Cape Town early next year where I’ll ride daily my favourite trails again: Tokai and Constantia Nek to Newlands - and Boyes Drive has decent singletrack on both sides too.

What is your point or is the article biased?

Promoting a small town which offers a unique riding opportunity is not a bad thing?

Just now, Roul said:

What is your point or is the article biased?

Promoting a small town which offers a unique riding opportunity is not a bad thing?

I only criticised the trail riding, I’m an entitled to my opinion am I not? Am I not able to express myself on the Bikehub? It’s called open honest expression. Greyton is a great village, I shouldn’t need to express endless positives to appease guilt! You have taken my comment way too personally my friend.