Couple stuck in Hanover - Charity Ride

Koos Likkewaan 2

Hi There. Hope someone can help.

We have a couple doing a Charity ride for their school from Gauteng to Cape Town on a Tandem.

They are currently stuck in Hanover with 2 broken spokes. Struggling to find anything from Hanover to De Aar.

What are the chances of a hubber in the area, or who knows someone in the area that can assist with 2 spokes ?

This is urgent, if someone can assist. 

2 hours ago, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

We have a couple doing a Charity ride for their school from Gauteng to Cape Town on a Tandem.

They are currently stuck in Hanover with 2 broken spokes. Struggling to find anything from Hanover to De Aar.

What are the chances of a hubber in the area, or who knows someone in the area that can assist with 2 spokes ?

This is a serious longshot by perhaps try MC Ellis se Vietswinkel in Beaufort West. Yes, they are 250km down the N1, but people in that part of the world like to make a plan. They might know somebody who is driving north and can take a few spokes on their way.

https://beaufortwest.net/information/beaufort-west-business-directory/bicycles.html

2 hours ago, NickGM said:

This is a serious longshot by perhaps try MC Ellis se Vietswinkel in Beaufort West. Yes, they are 250km down the N1, but people in that part of the world like to make a plan. They might know somebody who is driving north and can take a few spokes on their way.

https://beaufortwest.net/information/beaufort-west-business-directory/bicycles.html

Thanks. They might have been in touch with them already. 
They are getting them from BW tomorrow morning, then on with their journey !

On 10/3/2023 at 2:14 PM, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

bit late now, but 2 broken spokes can be macguyvered.

obviously it would help to know but let's assume it is a disc brake wheel, which is even less of a hassle.

probably also high spoke count like 34