[Event] Ronde Van Riebeek

Adriaan Theron

Event Name: Ronde Van Riebeek
When: 01/06/2024
Where: Riebeek-Kasteel, Riebeeck KasteelRiebeek-Kasteel, Western Cape
Category: Gravel

Ronde Van Riebeek 2024 Media Launch:

We are very excited to announce the details for next year's race! We have made quite a few improvements on last year's event to ensure you have the best possible experience at Swartland's 100 miler. Please see below all the details and we hope to see you all there again!

Event Date: 1 June 2024

Routes: 100 Miler

50 Miler

25 Miler

The routes will all stay the same as last year. We will start a little bit later to ensure there is adequate light, for added safety. The 100 miler will start at 8am, the 50 miler at 8:30am and the 25 miler at 9am. The revised starting times will mean that all of the 50 and 25 miler riders will be off the course, and at the finish to cheer on the 100 Miler riders as they race around the track! For the 100 miler, we will do our utmost to try and get the 50-70 kilometer section graded before the event. The route will be marked and there will be marshals at all major crossings and intersections. The GPX files will also be sent to all participants beforehand.

Water Points:

All Water points will have adequate Water, Coke, Enduren, Fruit, Potatoes and Sweets.

Medics:

Next year we will make use of Medics In Motion. They are one of the most trusted events medical companies in the Western Cape. We will have 4 Ambulances on site: 2 at the Race Village and 2 on the route. All Ambulances will be on Site on Friday evening already to ensure there are no hiccups with starting times.

Entries:

Entries will work in a 3 tier system.

Early Bird Entries:

1 December - 31 January

100 Miler - R590

50 Miler - R490

25 Miler - R300

General Entries:

1 March - 30 April

100 Miler - R690

50 Miler - R590

25 Miler - R490

Late Entries:

1 May - 25 May

100 Miler - R790

50 Miler - R690

25 Miler - R590

To all 2023 50 Miler participants who would like to take us up on our 2024 complimentary entry offer, please email us at info@capecrosstri.com. We will send you a complimentary coupon code with which you can enter. Please note that all complimentary entries will run concurrently with early bird entries and will strictly close on 31 January 2024.

Beer: 🍻

All beers at the finish line will be absolutely free, on us!!

Thank you for the great support in 2023 and we can't wait to host you again in 2024!

Team RVR

Go to Event Page.

22 minutes ago, Adriaan Theron said:

Event Name: Ronde Van Riebeek
When: 01/06/2024
Where: Riebeek-Kasteel, Riebeeck KasteelRiebeek-Kasteel, Western Cape
Category: Gravel

To all 2023 50 Miler participants who would like to take us up on our 2024 complimentary entry offer, please email us at info@capecrosstri.com. We will send you a complimentary coupon code with which you can enter. Please note that all complimentary entries will run concurrently with early bird entries and will strictly close on 31 January 2024.

Beer: 🍻

All beers at the finish line will be absolutely free, on us!!

Team RVR

Go to Event Page.

You have my attention now. If the belgian beers are stella artois, then make sure the cops know about it before hand too!

2 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

You have my attention now. If the belgian beers are stella artois, then make sure the cops know about it before hand too!

Haha Shebeen! With SAB being our partner, it will be Stella, but we'll throw in a few Leffe and Hoegaardens too!  🍻 

If I read this announcement and think back to some of the feedback provided it is refreshing to see that somebody took note of the feedback and tried the utmost to close the gaps and move onward and forward.  No excuses, just on the chin, fix it and onward!

I have no doubt that this will increase the numbers... 🙂 Be prepared 🙂 

1 hour ago, Adriaan Theron said:

Haha Shebeen! With SAB being our partner, it will be Stella, but we'll throw in a few Leffe and Hoegaardens too!  🍻 

i was already coming back, but that thanks for this.

FYI, can we enter already? Link on the webpage goes to the '23 entryninja form

• 5 months later...