Trail Daze 2.0 | Summerplace Game Reserve

News bot

When I was presented with the opportunity to shoot a Trail Daze episode that included riding in a game reserve, among wildlife, I didn’t hesitate. There is something magical about the thought of sharing the soil with free roaming creatures. It’s a riding experience that isn’t available around every corner and certainly not back home in the Western Cape (as far as I am aware). We headed to a province not yet featured in Trail Daze – Limpopo. It is scenic, diverse, and rich in wildlife. Our destination was Summerplace Game Reserve, a 3,500 hectare family-owned guest farm just a […]

View full article

We go up regularly since I raced the Top of the Waterberg a couple of years ago. Summer Place is our home away from home and we get to take our puppy in certain lodges in the reserve. Keep up the good work. See you soon.

• 8 months later...

So bit of a revival of an old thread.

Over the long weekend we visited Summerplace.
Nice, easy 2 hour and a bit drive up North from Pretoria.  You also have to stop at the big Padstal just before Bela-bela for freshly baked bread and marula jelly.

Amazing stay.  Everything was clean and modern and beautiful.  

The trails were amazing.
I am a very big amateur when it comes to MTBing so the trials seemed very daunting at first but eventually figured at what I could ride and where I needed to walk.
The Trailforks app to me is very cumbersome and you battel to find out what is what.

Yellow:  We went  on a walk on this.  Easy riding
Red:  I had to walk a couple of obsticles.  Rocky with a drop or 5
Blue:  All rideable.  I enjoyed this the most.
Gray:  Also very easy and all rideable.  There are a couple of rocky sections that need to be inspected before you can just bomb down it but mostly easy.  Very hilly so I had to work for the beer and braai
Orange:  I did not get to ride this but seems to be one of the easier routes in the Northern part of the farm
Green:  We walked a part of this the one evening.  Very pretty.  Easy rideable 

There is a 'centre' of it all with a shop and place to beer and ice etc.
Nice clean swimming pool.
Loads of wildlife which gave the whole weekend a bit of extra magic.

We will visit again, for sure!

2024-08-09 (23).JPG

2024-08-09 (25).JPG

2024-08-09 (30_).JPEG

2024-08-10 (13).JPG

2024-08-10 (15).JPG

2024-08-10.jpg

2024-08-11 (1).jpg

2024-08-11 (4).JPG

Routes.jpg

Edited by Spinnekop

I was so impressed by the brief time I had on these trails, it really is a special destination, and it is on my bucket list to return and ride everything.