[Event] Bikes2Blossoms - The Hard Core Version

Overberg MTB Events

Event Name: Bikes2Blossoms - The Hard Core Version
When: 27/01/2024
Where: Trail's End Bike Hotel, Grabouw, Western Cape
Category: Mountain Bike

The Bikes2Blossoms MTB One Day event is a True MTB challenge for the hard core mountain bikers in the Elgin/Grabouw valley.

The event offers three distances to choose from:

55km: 1200m elevation

40km: 800m elevation

12km : Kiddies/short route: 150m elevation

The 55km distances includes the best of Elgin/Grabouw MTB and Oak Valley Trails, which has recently been restored to it’s prime origin. 

Both the 40km and 55km also includes the Brand New Moodie’s Meander - a flowing 5km single track recently completed by @stoltztrails 

The Routes comprises of approximately 85% single track - and will keep you on your toes. Expect rocky and smooth single track and sharp punchy climbs. The reward of flowing trails and extraordinary views around the Eikenhof Dam makes this one a must for the avid mountain biker’s 2024 Calendar.

E-bikers are

welcome!

An additional great bonus to this event - is that each rider receives a @peregrinefarmstall PIE and Apple Juice at the finish line - can’t think of anything more delicious to end a ride!

Enter the Bikes2Blossoms MTB Event - and support the local landowners, farmers and trail builders who have been working relentlessly to finish trail building in the Elgin/Grabouw region. 

The trails are renowned for its competitive edge, remarkable style, and mostly used in world class events such as @wines_2_whales 

Also now part of the @wine_lands_trails - the Bikes2Blossoms MTB event will introduce and showcase all that @elginvalleytrails has on offer.

Close to Cape Town, an absolute bargain to enter for, and a good reason to pay tribute to @elginvalleytrails - get your entry sorted for this event. 

One lucky rider will receive a stunning @the_switchbag 

So get in line!

@alecyclingsa is also sponsoring a Ladies and Men’s winning jersey. This stylish Italian Brand is a classic to your training wardrobe. 

Go to Event Page.

Awesome race, and awesome trails.

But...the Trailseeker race dates were announced 12 days ago and this race now falls on the same day as Trailseeker Banhoek. 

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

Awesome race, and awesome trails.

But...the Trailseeker race dates were announced 12 days ago and this race now falls on the same day as Trailseeker Banhoek. 

And the winelands cycle tour is the next day - feast or famine.

So -- 3 races pick 2 and do the second one slowly?

• 1 month later...

Big up to the organisers for today’s event. The way they puzzled the vast network of trails together to create the route today was world class. Great prizes and giveaways provided by the sponsors. Already looking forward to next year. 

Thanks to the organizers. Really enjoyed the route!

Well marked, proper technical and picturesque.

Well done!