Ryder Berm Lace shoes - anyone tried them?

PjT

14 hours ago, MORNE said:

Yes but do they come in adult sizes? 👀

cant help but shrug when ‘local’ brands….who KNOW Safas aren't small people….sell size 11 max, 12 if your lucky. I wore a 9 in grade 4, 12 by grade 8.

id buy these in a heartbeat if they were available in 13/14 UK or EU49/50 lol.

Uitskieter jy. 
I used to be a planner in footwear for a sports retailer. We drilled sales down to a Colour/size SKU for analysis. 
we sold very little UK12s. That’s why you always see them on the markdown tables. 
And in my 3years there, I can’t remember doing more than a handful of special orders for bigger sizes, and most were for rugby boots. 

25 minutes ago, PhilipV said:

Uitskieter jy. 
I used to be a planner in footwear for a sports retailer. We drilled sales down to a Colour/size SKU for analysis. 
we sold very little UK12s. That’s why you always see them on the markdown tables. 
And in my 3years there, I can’t remember doing more than a handful of special orders for bigger sizes, and most were for rugby boots. 

Specialized do a good job of bringing in big sizes but they are always sold out…so if you don't buy a new set when the new stock arrives, you are screwed for another year as they get gobbled up by my fellow bigfoot brethren.  I have 2 sets of spez shoes in 13.5UK. My size 14UK 5Tens i found in Italy of all places. 
for everyday shoes, yes..luckily in cape town its easy to get some nice leather kickers made. 

Edited by MORNE

20 hours ago, BikeisLife said:

It is an atop cable system. Spares are available. 

correct, Ryder use the ATOP system.

I has an issue with a new pair of Ryder road shoes where the lace would loosen on its own if pressure was applied to it i.e. pulling your foot up.

Took it back to the bike shop, was expecting the ATOP system to simply be replaced, but they replaced the entire pair of shoes.

That was a few years back, have done probably over 20 000km with the shoes since and no issue.

Edited by The Ouzo

Ryder in general have a brilliant warranty/replacement reputation.

I remember they had a lifetime replacement warranty on their pumps for ages. 

I'm seriously interested in these shoes. They look neat. I will try to find a pair IRL to try on in the new year