Donating used cycling goods

APJ88

Hi All,

I have cycling shoes and kit that I would like to donate - any charities I can support in and around CT? Some of the kit still holds value, but id rather have it go to a good home than selling.

advice would be appreciated. 

9 minutes ago, APJ88 said:

Hi All,

I have cycling shoes and kit that I would like to donate - any charities I can support in and around CT? Some of the kit still holds value, but id rather have it go to a good home than selling.

advice would be appreciated. 

Freewheel Cycology (spez store) in Kenilworth accepts donations, iirc, which go to songo.info or similar

Thank you for your thoughtful generosity! I collect kit and spares in the Helderberg area. People also drop things off at our LBS - VeloLife and PedalWorx. Most goes to a development team (Blue Sky Cycling Academy) in the Nomzamo area, of about 30 youth. I'm also connected to some development teams in Khayelitsha, so some things go that way too. Our Nomzamo team have an informal thrift shop where they sell items for super low prices, as a way of generating funds for their team. Here's more info:
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/XEEgJj8MiC4E5JRe/?mibextid=qi2Omg

I come through to town for work fairly regularly. Happy to collect things that side :)

@Prince Albert Cycles may I ask that you share the development video for your youth here ?

Sure, there are many local support options .... BUT, Prince Albert has LIMITED support.  Arno does excellent work in the community, having grown this support from a handful of youngsters in 2019 to the large group in the video ....

Let's support a Hubber that is dedicating his retirement to uplifting a community.

Thank you Chris for punting my kids . I recently received huge donations from Cyclelab and Omnico and individuals so am good at the moment for kit .

I am not savvy enough to post that video here but you are welcome to do it just for interest sake.

20 minutes ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

Thank you Chris for punting my kids . I recently received huge donations from Cyclelab and Omnico and individuals so am good at the moment for kit .

I am not savvy enough to post that video here but you are welcome to do it just for interest sake.

Cyclelab has been an excellent partner to schools cycling the last two years 👍