Du Toitskloof Pass Close Call

Niel1

On 3/21/2024 at 7:45 PM, agentorenge said:

Got the van, got the driver and the company the van belongs to. Opened 3 charges. Got witnesses. Got reference to an incidence that the same perpetrator was involved with last year with riders. Biggest problem is the Police. I am trying to get them to be pathetic, but have not yet been able. I will make a citizens arrest this coming week if they don't act. It's a complete outrage. If anyone knows a decent legal avenue, pls PM me. 

.....Biggest problem is the Police. I am trying to get them to be pathetic, ....😂

They are already pathetic

Edited by Max Headroom

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

.....Biggest problem is the Police......

I had to report the theft of a brass water meter at my local cop shop yesterday. The only reason I still bother is to get a case number so thet the City will install a new plastic one for free. The way the cops handled this was saddening:

There were 6 of them in the change office. 5 were busy writing in slow motion to fill in papers at the speed of sloths. One was sitting back leisurely playing something on his phone. My case, which was all knew was not going anywhere, took 30 minutes to record. Four A4 sheets of paper including a full page written statement that the copper basically wrote for me by asking me 2 questions. When was it stolen? Was it inside or outside? What he wrote cannot bear any resemblance to what happened. Then my 4 pages went into a brown folder, on which were a multitude of things to fill in as well. During the night their computer generated a case number and sent me an SMS and I'm sure the paperwork that cost half a tree, is now safely filed in drawer 13 never to be seen by a living soul again.

It always seems to me that they are very keen to spend their time on work that they know will not lead anywhere or make more real work for them. As soon as they see that it means they would have to leave the safety of that office and go confront a real criminal, their enthusiasm seems to hit a gale force headwind. 

Ok, I feel better now that I could flush the toilet again......

Edited by DJR
speling

4 hours ago, DJR said:

had to report...

Around the middle of the last decade I was visiting a client in Claremont. Upon my return to my bakkie I saw a huge gouge on my fender. The client's CCTV revealed a delivery truck bringing an order to his shop that reversed into my bakkie was the culprit. I grabbed the video and sent it to my insurance. They asked for a case number and I just gave up the claim at that point. About a year later they called me to inform me the claim was processed and they will pay the money into my account. Luckily the delivery truck was also insured with Santam so it was an in-house legal claim. When I was requested to go to SAPS was when I just walked away, but thankfully they didn't let it go.