Rockshox Judy is this normal?

Gavin Minnaar

1 hour ago, DJuice said:

Friend bought a Trek Topfuel 5 over December, RS does exactly the same. Try to resolve this without a dealer in NC…biltong chewy.

You know I was aiming for the fuel ex 5 or the top fuel 5 but then again decided against it because I like Hardtail bycicles and service wise a Hardtail suits my buget better its sad to see even the top fuel has it and I kinda liked it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

It's Difficult to Comprehend  how 2 Forks have exactly the same problem. If it's not lubrication then the sliders or the seals must be damaged. I'm sure that they will sort it out for you. That coating on the RS Silver is not like Kashima or anything like that it's a basic coating that does lose its color over time.

Do you have a picture of the New Fork that they put in. It's not a TREK problem but a RockShox (SRAM) problem. Maybe a bad Batch. 

Have you tried to "Get Your Money Back" ?

No I don't unfortunately but I came home now had to finish some welding work,and I noticed both stanchions now is showing wear left and right side 1st fork it was less but  now I see on the replacement fork its even worse I rode 12km then the rain was coming so I bailed next day I did 20km then again rain was a problem yesterday sunday 14th January I did 40km and came back cleaned the bike and everything so between the 2 forks it did 180km total and thos is how it looks like. 

37 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

It's Difficult to Comprehend  how 2 Forks have exactly the same problem. If it's not lubrication then the sliders or the seals must be damaged. I'm sure that they will sort it out for you. That coating on the RS Silver is not like Kashima or anything like that it's a basic coating that does lose its color over time.

Do you have a picture of the New Fork that they put in. It's not a TREK problem but a RockShox (SRAM) problem. Maybe a bad Batch. 

Have you tried to "Get Your Money Back" ?

No I haven't as I always support TREK Lynnwood service my bike there whatever the bycicle mechanic Johan was and has always just been nice and the thing is I like my X-Caliber for me it's a decent and lekker bycicle like I mentioned previously I do have another trek and it's seen over 10k since new and it has zero wear or the fork and that's a even a lower end than the judy its a santour xct30 but hey it's been very good to me.

2 hours ago, Gavin Minnaar said:

No I haven't as I always support TREK Lynnwood service my bike there whatever the bycicle mechanic Johan was and has always just been nice and the thing is I like my X-Caliber for me it's a decent and lekker bycicle like I mentioned previously I do have another trek and it's seen over 10k since new and it has zero wear or the fork and that's a even a lower end than the judy its a santour xct30 but hey it's been very good to me.

On a Bare Steel Upper Tubes  like the XCT 30 you won't see the marks.

The Judy is Steel Upper Tubes Painted Black and you will see the marks.

/Quote/ Fast Black finished 30mm steel upper tubes couple stiffness and lightweight with a premium look/Unquote/

Judy Silver TK | FS-JDYS-TK-A3 | RockShox (sram.com)

On an Alloy Upper Tube Coated (any colour) you won't see the marks.

If this thing is driving you up the wall try to get your money back and walk away.

Edited by dasilvarsa

If you want to bash Trek for the garbage product rockshox makes go do the same to 

Scott ( scale and aspects ) 

Giant ( think there's a talon model )

Signal probably have em 

Should the bikeshop strip a new bike and service it instead of assembling it ? IMO they shouldn't have to but because the factories ( ROCKSHOX ) have shottty products and QA bike brands carry the fallout.

If you're willing to pay 30k for the Trek instead of the 23k then maybe I could understand wanting the bike freshly serviced off the floor .....but people wan tto swoop on every deal and aren't willing to pay a cent in profit to business owners. 

23k for a modern alloy hard trail , with 12spd and air fork isn't bad ....Marlin 7 is better value if it were me 

DESPITE ALL OF THIS

Go back and keep at it , Cape Cycles will eventually give you a recon or reba. Not Trek , its their responsibility to carry the admin of this not replace the garbage product the comes from ROCKSHOX

1 hour ago, BaGearA said:

If you want to bash Trek for the garbage product rockshox makes go do the same to 

Scott ( scale and aspects ) 

Giant ( think there's a talon model )

Signal probably have em 

Should the bikeshop strip a new bike and service it instead of assembling it ? IMO they shouldn't have to but because the factories ( ROCKSHOX ) have shottty products and QA bike brands carry the fallout.

If you're willing to pay 30k for the Trek instead of the 23k then maybe I could understand wanting the bike freshly serviced off the floor .....but people wan tto swoop on every deal and aren't willing to pay a cent in profit to business owners. 

23k for a modern alloy hard trail , with 12spd and air fork isn't bad ....Marlin 7 is better value if it were me 

DESPITE ALL OF THIS

Go back and keep at it , Cape Cycles will eventually give you a recon or reba. Not Trek , its their responsibility to carry the admin of this not replace the garbage product the comes from ROCKSHOX

You know I told them specifically I am willing to pay in the x amount for an better fork and they won't allow this and yes my brother has a scott scale 980 it's a good bike never given problems and it has lower end components also I didn't buy it from cape cycles I bought it from Trek Lynnwood in pretoria. 

34 minutes ago, Gavin Minnaar said:

You know I told them specifically I am willing to pay in the x amount for an better fork and they won't allow this and yes my brother has a scott scale 980 it's a good bike never given problems and it has lower end components also I didn't buy it from cape cycles I bought it from Trek Lynnwood in pretoria. 

Keep taking the new fork back every time it discolors , they(cape cycles the ROCKSHOX agents) will replace it with something beter eventually ( you won't have to pay ) 

Just keep doing the admin , cape cycles will end it.

1 hour ago, BaGearA said:

Keep taking the new fork back every time it discolors , they(cape cycles the ROCKSHOX agents) will replace it with something beter eventually ( you won't have to pay ) 

Just keep doing the admin , cape cycles will end it.

You should see the new one it's not discoloring its marks scratches

Okay jrre I'm trying to help

I've said the its crap product 

EVEN if you serviced  the fork before every ride , I'm positive you'll see scratches after 100 hrs of use 

Bowing out here 

2 hours ago, BaGearA said:

Okay jrre I'm trying to help

I've said the its crap product 

EVEN if you serviced  the fork before every ride , I'm positive you'll see scratches after 100 hrs of use 

Bowing out here 

Ja ek hoor jou but like you said then I keep taking it back easy it's my money not there's but ja then I will just keep getting a new fork evry 10 hours then buy myself a new one when it's warranty is done. 

On 1/16/2024 at 3:04 PM, Gavin Minnaar said:

Ja ek hoor jou but like you said then I keep taking it back easy it's my money not there's but ja then I will just keep getting a new fork evry 10 hours then buy myself a new one when it's warranty is done. 

This is not a solution. Negotiate.

After a While Your Headset etc etc will also be damaged and you will lose sleep.

And will even start hating every ride and stop riding the bike.

Negotiate with the place where you bought the bike. It's their responsibility to make you happy.

The Fork came Installed on the Bike.

Remember one Thing if you buy tenderized it ain't gonna taste like fillet.

Edited by dasilvarsa