Rockshox Judy is this normal?

Gavin Minnaar

1 hour ago, Gavin Minnaar said:

So I got a new fork from Trek same problem again after 3 rides and they also said I can't upgrade the fork on a warranty claim either, so basically we are gonna go back and forth till the warranty expires because now again it's going back to SRAM. 

Are there any possibilities of cancelling this deal and coming over to @Titan Racing Bikes where these problems will not happen. Becasue surely this also can not be the way. 

Edited by OVERDRIVE

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Are there any possibilities of cancelling this deal and coming over to @Titan Racing Bikes where these problems will not happen. Becasue surely this also can not be the way. 

Do Titan Bikes have the monopoly on correctly assembled Rockshox forks?

1 hour ago, thebob said:

Do Titan Bikes have the monopoly on correctly assembled Rockshox forks?

No, just perfect service...🙂

Definately will not say "it is what it is". 

You’re a better person than me. I’d give them one more chance to upgrade with pay-in and then I’d take it to social media.

Honestly, you didn’t buy a Makro bike, you bought a Trek, and the damage you are seeing is not only aesthetic but functional as well. 

Maybe the Fork is suffering from Oil Starvation on the Stanchions.

I would assume that they put oil in this fork.

Park the Bike Upside down for 30 minutes before riding.

Some Fine Scratches are Fine.

Mine's got them too.

Edited by dasilvarsa

44 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

Maybe the Fork is suffering from Oil Starvation on the Stanchions.

I would assume that they put oil in this fork.

Park the Bike Upside down for 30 minutes before riding.

Mine's got them too.

This ain't the point it's not supposed to happen imagine seeing it a year later fucktup like I never really cared about my stuff and the fact that I am willing to pay in an X amount for a better fork and they say no that can't happen on a warranty claim to note also its the 2nd fork brand new heck even the X-Caliber is brand new bought it like December 2days after I got *** with it. 

46 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

Mine's got them too.

There should be no scratches on the stanchions. None. Zero. If there are there is a problem. If yours have scratches, it is also poked

Well

3 hours ago, RobynE said:

You’re a better person than me. I’d give them one more chance to upgrade with pay-in and then I’d take it to social media.

Honestly, you didn’t buy a Makro bike, you bought a Trek, and the damage you are seeing is not only aesthetic but functional as well. 

We'll they are gonna send it to SRAM now and we will see but after that I am done gonna if it keeps happening and you are not willing to help a loyal customer I always buy there service my bike there etc..

1 minute ago, thebob said:

There should be no scratches on the stanchions. None. Zero. If there are there is a problem. If yours have scratches, it is also poked

Exactly my thoughts there shouldn't be scratches or marks nothing. 

I have the same bike but a 2021 model and I’ve kept an eagle eye on bikes with the same fork. It seems that discolouration is pretty normal on the Judy RL. I’ve seen a few forks on different bikes with the sort of hazy effect in the black coating. And even the same fork for sale as parts with the same discolouration. 

However the OP’s stanchions are scratched after 3 rides on a brand new bike and fork - and then immediately the same thing on the replacement/repaired fork. It’s not the same thing as discolouration. The discolouration, for me, is already bad enough. It already looks like there’s something wrong with the fork, even if there isn’t. But scratches are way worse because most people won’t even consider a fork with scratched uppers. So in effect the fork is worthless even if it’s perfectly functional - it may as well be a Zoom fork. 

This isn’t fair - it’s a brand new 20-24k bike and my two non-Trek new 10-15k bikes have done hundreds if not a couple thousand kms with Suntour and Vaxa coil forks with no scratches and less than conscientious care. Not a single scratch on either. Likewise on my Rockshox SIDs and Fox F100 - all probably 10 years old if not older. 

The OP needs to escalate this and Trek needs to pull finger, even if it means they fit another model or brand of fork to the bike to keep the customer happy. He’s not being unreasonable here IMO. 

1 hour ago, Gavin Minnaar said:

This ain't the point it's not supposed to happen imagine seeing it a year later fucktup like I never really cared about my stuff and the fact that I am willing to pay in an X amount for a better fork and they say no that can't happen on a warranty claim to note also its the 2nd fork brand new heck even the X-Caliber is brand new bought it like December 2days after I got *** with it. 

It's Difficult to Comprehend  how 2 Forks have exactly the same problem. If it's not lubrication then the sliders or the seals must be damaged. I'm sure that they will sort it out for you. That coating on the RS Silver is not like Kashima or anything like that it's a basic coating that does lose its color over time.

Do you have a picture of the New Fork that they put in. It's not a TREK problem but a RockShox (SRAM) problem. Maybe a bad Batch. 

Have you tried to "Get Your Money Back" ?

Edited by dasilvarsa