99er Cycle Tour 2024

K20Champ

Wow amazing engagement from  @NicholasH. Always awesome to see that the race organizers are looking to improve their offering 👌. Was a first 99er for me and definitely making it a permanent fixture in my road racing calendar. 

Kudos for hosting a world-class event. Yes there are some things that can be improved that were already mentioned in this topic but well-done for getting 99% of it right. (Halaal food 😋🙏)

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

I posted earlier in this thread, I had a meeting in Malmesbury on Wednesday.  Gave me the opportunity to do most of the 100km route by car.

The signs were already up at the long single lane bridge.

I was VERY happy to see those potholes on the Old Malmesbury road were fixed.  There were some seriously bad spots during my December and early January laps of the route.

Yes, those potholes were a disaster!! Luckily we have a good connection at roads dept and when you mention "liability" and "race" in the same sentence they tend to move quickly 😆😆

9 minutes ago, Mavriq said:

Wow amazing engagement from  @NicholasH. Always awesome to see that the race organizers are looking to improve their offering 👌. Was a first 99er for me and definitely making it a permanent fixture in my road racing calendar. 

Kudos for hosting a world-class event. Yes there are some things that can be improved that were already mentioned in this topic but well-done for getting 99% of it right. (Halaal food 😋🙏)

Thankyou, sir 🫡. We will make next race even better. We'll aim for 99.9% next year 😁

Edited by NicholasH

Just now, ChrisF said:

@NicholasH any idea of when and where the results will be available ?

Chris, they are on FinishTime website (old racetec) but I have been in contact with them and they had some technical issues ☹️ so there may be a delay...apologies from us but out or hands

6 minutes ago, NicholasH said:

Chris, they are on FinishTime website (old racetec) but I have been in contact with them and they had some technical issues ☹️ so there may be a delay...apologies from us but out or hands

Fully appreciate the predicament ....

My third event with finish time .... I have yet to see a smooth operation ....

Certainly does not bode well for their inability to manage CTCT in 4 weeks

Just now, ChrisF said:

Fully appreciate the predicament ....

My third event with finish time .... I have yet to see a smooth operation ....

Certainly does not bode well for their inability to manage CTCT in 4 weeks

Ja, I went on a route ride with Wesley yesterday and he explained the difficulty the transition is causing... we are the guinea pigs I guess....🙇

46 minutes ago, mikkelz said:

https://results.finishtime.co.za/results.aspx?CId=35&RId=4413

Would be great to see your start group position (I only see overall, age and gender).

This was eventually made available for the Winelands race.

Bwhahaha .... 

Screenshot_20240210_184124_Chrome.jpg.1d7bd8ccda720ff6be70726569d2798b.jpg

I waited my 20 minutes ... gave it a bit more time, then got on the bike to finish after the minimum 3:50 ....

Seems I got that bit spot on 🤣🤣🤣

EDIT :  Seems they apply mat-to-mat time.

Edited by ChrisF

….ooooops not sure why I reposted an older post 

Chris, basis mat to mat timing I should have  finished higher because I started about 30sec behind B. I was still taking a peee when the starter was counting down.

thats a lot of internal and external pressure 

Edited by DieselnDust

13 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

….ooooops not sure why I reposted an older post 

Chris, basis mat to mat timing I should have  finished higher because I started about 30sec behind B. I was still taking a peee when the starter was counting down.

thats a lot of internal and external pressure 

So you were the dude who was running at the start trying to get the group. We all had a good chuckle watching you try to make it😂

Edited by Bub Marley

5 hours ago, Rouxenator said:

This was my 10th 99er. Loved! I did the 100km last year on my 26er MTB. Today it was the 29er on some gravel.

Next year I hope they have an option that included the scenic Wintervogel road to Kalbaskraal. 

IMG_20240210_071941.jpg.de405403f51da1edecca36ef2598d6a8.jpgIMG_20240210_083240.jpg.03d669714745762ba8bfed95df2c7166.jpgIMG_20240210_091544_stitch_c.jpg.15cc3e6ed92661ee95b228024808f6bf.jpgIMG_20240210_093207.jpg.68d2f96708d77505effd13151efde3c6.jpgIMG_20240210_095151.jpg.d2debda84443461b6ca6a20bee5597e6.jpg

Paul, when you were on Spes Bona, did you see and hear the music coming from a white VW on the left?

If so, that was my car and I was the one cheering you guys on like a madman 😁🫡

27 minutes ago, NicholasH said:

Paul, when you were on Spes Bona, did you see and hear the music coming from a white VW on the left?

Yup - nice sub you have in the boot, good tunes too! I did wave and say hi 😀

The whole event was well organized and run.

Loved the Trilogy, and think it has huge potential to grow in numbers. I did it on my MTB but believe this is truly a gravel race and if you could swap more tar for dirt roads it would be great. This is not a complaint just a comment. With all the chats along the ride I am sure the Trilogy is going to blow up next year everyone loved it.
Also not sure how possible it would be, but a longer route might also be an option, this is a fast route, not a bad thing, but a extra 15-20km section might add that bit extra spice to the ride. This is my perspective, have to say i did finish in the top section overall and I am quite fit so others might not feel the same.

Overall a top ride and will definitely return next year.

37 minutes ago, NicholasH said:

Thanks for the energy, gave me a good boost for the last few km to push hard.