Cradle trailseeker, bottlenecks?

MarcoDeS

1 hour ago, PregoRoll said:

This is exactly why I dont participate in Marathon MTB events anymore. People who are fit get seeded higher but the second there is a rock in the trail, the train of riders comes to a grinding halt. 

Seeding should be a mix of fitness and skill ability, but hey, Dream world I guess 

Seeding takes into account winner race time vs individual race time. Your race time is determined by fitness and ability, and since it does factor in winning time, there is also an element of how technical the race is

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the marathon and thoroughly enjoyed the race; pure mountain biking. Personally I felt the race organisers did really well at putting the event together. It was always going to be challenging to avoid bottlenecks etc. full marks to them. I heard some of the half marathon guys ran out of water, that’s unacceptable, hopefully they can make better estimates of water needs going forward. 

1 hour ago, MarcoDeS said:

I did the marathon and thoroughly enjoyed the race; pure mountain biking. Personally I felt the race organisers did really well at putting the event together. It was always going to be challenging to avoid bottlenecks etc. full marks to them. I heard some of the half marathon guys ran out of water, that’s unacceptable, hopefully they can make better estimates of water needs going forward. 

They ran out of water and carb mix at Wellington Trail Seeker as well. Thought they would have learned their lesson, guess not. It’s soul destroying getting to a water point (in our case in 42 degree heat) and you have no water in your bottles and there is no water. Guys were abandoning big time. 

• 2 weeks later...

The water was also finished for us marathon guys at the last water point.

I was quite well up the miff tree by then as I was moeg and hot.

One oke decided that vloeking the poor okes helping at the table as if they planned the event was a viable solution (let's be better).

But ja, the organizers probably didn't see it getting so hot on the day and these things are organized far ahead of time.

I hope they can learn from it, but I've been at many entry water tables at trailseekers in my time.
I'm usually batch B or C, and I know the lower batches often sukkel more with water as they're out there longer, but to run out of water when c, d and e batches are coming through is bad news.

Anyways, it was a tough, but great race out there. Those trails were awesome!