Cradle trailseeker, bottlenecks?

MarcoDeS

Trailseeker have announced that their 2nd event for the year will take place at cradle moon. Where do you think the marathon route will run through as there is no way 70km can be done in cradle moon itself? Also, the single track is very tight at CM, sounds like a recipe for disaster with all the bottlenecks that will take place? Thoughts? 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Advendurance knows what they are doing, no doubt they will put the route together in a way that will not cause too many issues. They will probably find jeep tracks and gravel early on and then get into the singletrack later in the race. Most of their races do similar.

It's going to be very difficult to avoid bottlenecks as if it's on Cradle noon that's a high proportion of single track. If they ad the Cradle MTB off road loop that is in less than great condition and if you want to fix that it's 29km of trail to make safe for especially lesser experienced riders.

Trailseeker crew have been at this for a while, I'm sure they will have it handled and put on a competent show. 

I hear there were plenty bottlenecks on the Tankwa Trek prologue day as well. I did Trailseeker at Hemel en Aarde a few years back and there were bottlenecks as well, and that frustrated me no end, to the point I don't do these kinds of events anymore. When I am riding single track I want to flow. I don't want to get stuck behind someone who is unskilled and struggles with the course.

these events are also seeded, so they reward the people who ride them often and ride them well. Starting in the faster batches does a lot for not getting caught in bottlenecks...

• 4 weeks later...

Cradle Moon has many choke points which are going to cause bottlenecks, you're not going to see me anywhere near there unfortunately ...

15 minutes ago, PregoRoll said:

Hot Take...

You might be seeded in A batch...doesn't always mean you have the skills to keep up 😆

Lol 🤣

1 hour ago, PregoRoll said:

You might be seeded in A batch...doesn't always mean you have the skills to keep up 😆

this 

I saw quite a queue of cars waiting to enter Cradle Moon -Did everyone get to the start on time? How was the race?

2 hours ago, love2fly said:

I saw quite a queue of cars waiting to enter Cradle Moon -Did everyone get to the start on time? How was the race?

Heard it went well and was quite a hard race for the full marathon