Mtb route from Malmsbury to Riebeek Kasteel?

Ripryder

Hi 👋 

I'm spending time in Riebeeck Kasteel this weekend. Anyone know of an mtb route they can share with me from Malmsbury to R Kasteel?

😊 

There's plenty of gravel riding options - a nice 20km loop around Kasteelberg itself, that you can combine with rides out to Moreesburg (on the Malmesbury side) or out toward Tulbagh. Just note that the Rustfontein gravel road outside Malmesbury is being turned into a bypass, so avoid that road. 

Here's a 100km route I did a while back - just cut out the 20km loop down to Malmesbury. 

2023-02-28_1041000767_Riebeecksrivier Gravel tour.gpx

I'm not familiar with trails that side, if that's what you're looking for. 

20 hours ago, Vaultboy said:

There's plenty of gravel riding options - a nice 20km loop around Kasteelberg itself, that you can combine with rides out to Moreesburg (on the Malmesbury side) or out toward Tulbagh. Just note that the Rustfontein gravel road outside Malmesbury is being turned into a bypass, so avoid that road. 

Here's a 100km route I did a while back - just cut out the 20km loop down to Malmesbury. 

2023-02-28_1041000767_Riebeecksrivier Gravel tour.gpx 106.03 kB · 2 downloads

I'm not familiar with trails that side, if that's what you're looking for. 

Thanks very much. I rode from Malmsbury yesterday to Riebeek Kasteel on the road with a few detours to see the magnificent views. 

20240223_144246.jpg

20240223_143554.jpg

20240223_143621.jpg