Viewing expired favourite ads

thebob

Hi There

Is there any way to view favourite ads that may have expired, but have not been delisted? I've had my eye on something for a while and would like to make a move on it, but have not been notified that it has been sold. I'm hoping it is just expired and still available, if I could at least make contact with the seller to confirm, it would be a big help

2 minutes ago, thebob said:

Hi There

Is there any way to view favourite ads that may have expired, but have not been delisted? I've had my eye on something for a while and would like to make a move on it, but have not been notified that it has been sold. I'm hoping it is just expired and still available, if I could at least make contact with the seller to confirm, it would be a big help

Try searching for what you can remember in google and ad bikehub at the end 

If it was deleted then AFAIK you can't view cause its not in the database anymore 

What I sometimes do if I'm only mildly interested in an advert is, open it then click on the phone number so it's visible then do a screenshot.

That way, if I realise that I'm really interested in the purchase later on and want to follow up, I've got the full details of the advert with the user name and cell number.

That also works if you make a instant decision to buy something and phone the seller (who then agrees on the sale with you), who then immediately deletes the advert and you're left scratching your head on what the price was for the item or his BikeHub details - coz he (and his advert) has now effectively disappeared from BikeHub (but you do still have his cell number tho).

1 hour ago, thebob said:

Hi There

I PM'd admin once with nothing but the name of a bike which I was looking for which had expired and the managed to send me the ad and I contacted the seller.

1 hour ago, thebob said:

You beauty! Thanks @BaGearA

even better. to search anything go to google and enter

site:bikehub.co.za keyword

you then get to search using google's engine and not the bikehub one. obviously owrks for any other site too

2 hours ago, thebob said:

Hi There

We could look at adding a filter to the favourites list to show expired favourited ads. It does present some challenges though, currently you can't contact the seller of an expired ad. Only if they renew the advert will you have the option to contact them. 

If you have added a favourite you will receive an alert if the ad is re-listed. 

Obviously the Google option suggested is a great one to be able to simply view the ad.

Using the method suggested I've found the seller and the wheels are turning. Hopefully everything falls into place

1 hour ago, thebob said:

Using the method suggested I've found the seller and the wheels are turning. Hopefully everything falls into place

I'm claiming commission 

There was this stunning blue Cannondale SuperSix on the classifieds a few years ago. An absolute stunner. I've been looking for it everywhere but I cannot even find a trace of it. I think the seller is/was based in the WC.

What sticks out was the blue and gold paintwork. I'm desperately looking for that ad. Perhaps the OP of the ad can contact me!