Scam enquiry

Did he send you a copy of his ID or works on an oil rig? 
Wants to send a courier to collect etc.

Whatever you do don't release the goods unless money is cleared in your account.

The oil rig person already tried earlier - his gig has been going since 2016. This one is not too different, received the mail from a mail distribution platform with links to an email address he wanted me to respond to. I did not use the link but send a mail to the email address. He responded a week later and now says he is in US until June. Want's the bike for his son - similar to the oil rig guy who wanted for his nephew. So I just wanted to check if anyone else has dealt with him/her. No I wont release goods - it feels very much like a scam. 

Thanks for your response

11 minutes ago, Mathilda van der Vyver said:

The oil rig person already tried earlier - his gig has been going since 2016. This one is not too different, received the mail from a mail distribution platform with links to an email address he wanted me to respond to. I did not use the link but send a mail to the email address. He responded a week later and now says he is in US until June. Want's the bike for his son - similar to the oil rig guy who wanted for his nephew. So I just wanted to check if anyone else has dealt with him/her. No I wont release goods - it feels very much like a scam. 

Thanks for your response

If it feels like a scam it’s probably a scam..

1 hour ago, Mathilda van der Vyver said:

Has anyone perhaps been scammed by a person calling him/herself Cornelius F Cloete?

CFC has been banned for at least a decade now!

4 hours ago, Mathilda van der Vyver said:

Thanks for your response

It's a scam. 

Don't bother.

Get them to send collection driver to "meet you" at some shopping centre, then when he responds tell him you mentioned the wrong one but you're waiting at 1 close by, They will send the driver to there. Keep this going as long as you can, I've done it, feels great afterwards knowing they're actually losing out because petrol aint cheap.

Edited by FootballingCyclist

16 hours ago, Mathilda van der Vyver said:

OK, so he is a familiar character - good to know. Cockroaches are very resilient creatures. Thanks for all the input!

oops, no i was joking - I meant CFC gas banned from fridges. should have used italics

but this oke seems like a proper scam. no self respecting boertjie uses their second name as an initial like they do in the states.