the unofficial UCI Mountain Bike World Cup thread

nathrix

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Luke 10th

candice 10th

alan 3rd

great results all round from teamSA

Any idea on how Tyler Jacobs did in the junior category?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, babse said:

Spaz teams have started off the season on fire (unlike their kit design and colours) 🫢

yeah old Posthumus doing his thing over there

9 hours ago, babse said:

Spaz teams have started off the season on fire (unlike their kit design and colours) 🫢

Like their bikes! Different than the normal S. 

10 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I'd say complex features and speed make it a technical course.id love to know what your definition of technical is if this isn't.

I already did and specified the difference in semantics as to WHY I said what I said.

I still stand by what I said but I'm over it now.

Enjoy the racing

12 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

yeah old Posthumus doing his thing over there

What a legend! 

Remember watching prof at prop forward at the track a few years back. Check prof as performance director at spaz factory now. 

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

I already did and specified the difference in semantics as to WHY I said what I said.

I still stand by what I said but I'm over it now.

Enjoy the racing

Friday is still a couple days away, could we bottle this till then?

2 hours ago, Headshot said:

I'd say complex features and speed make it a technical course.id love to know what your definition of technical is if this isn't.

Don’t forget the surface too. Henrique was saying it’s quite a unique terrain but it reminds of the Free State in some regards with all that red soil around. Course walkabout videos showed a lot of green death everywhere.

the mens U23 race was a pretty quick one at 1hr 01:51 for 7 laps. I reckon the elite men will be out for 9 laps and the ladies 7 or 8 as well to make the compulsory 1hr15min. 
Luke Moir had another stellar performance to finish just on 75seconds down. I think we also under estimate just how good these guys and gals are to make these course look not technical enough.

consider that Luke would be cleaning up in the local races. And then Alan is still a mother few turns of the screw more highly tuned.

i also noted that all the speech riders are on the Epic 8 this weekend due to the technicality of the features. Schwartzbauer ditched the 32 SL for a 35 FA this weekend.

24 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Don’t forget the surface too. Henrique was saying it’s quite a unique terrain but it reminds of the Free State in some regards with all that red soil around. Course walkabout videos showed a lot of green death everywhere.

the mens U23 race was a pretty quick one at 1hr 01:51 for 7 laps. I reckon the elite men will be out for 9 laps and the ladies 7 or 8 as well to make the compulsory 1hr15min. 
Luke Moir had another stellar performance to finish just on 75seconds down. I think we also under estimate just how good these guys and gals are to make these course look not technical enough.

consider that Luke would be cleaning up in the local races. And then Alan is still a mother few turns of the screw more highly tuned.

i also noted that all the speech riders are on the Epic 8 this weekend due to the technicality of the features. Schwartzbauer ditched the 32 SL for a 35 FA this weekend.

Yeah but what do they know... This is just another non technical track. 

Apparently 🫢

Anyone still think the course isn’t technical after watching the ladies first lap?