Stolen: Specialized Turbo Levo (orange) - without battery 2016 (Western Cape)

MTBAustria

22 hours ago, Pandatron said:

Calm down there bud. If you buy stolen goods 'unknowingly' and refuse or hide them from the police when they want to confiscate, then it's jail time.

If you give it up willingly and/or return it to the police there is largely no recourse.

Yeah right; eish I have been copped with a nicked R1m but I'll give it back willingly so there should be no recourse. I would not rely on that defence, but that is just me.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, mazambaan said:

Yeah right; eish I have been copped with a nicked R1m but I'll give it back willingly so there should be no recourse. I would not rely on that defence, but that is just me.

I think ' unknowingly ' is out the window on this one. The poop hit the fan and it's now damaged control. The damage and trauma is way more than the item been sold and returned. Bike jacking, murder, mugging,  home invasion list goes on. 

7 hours ago, mazambaan said:

Being copped with a nicked million rand is largely different to purchasing an item off a marketplace and then giving it up when confirmed its stolen.

Please dont build a strawman.