Titan/Momsen Bikes?

Howdy hubbers, im looking for the riders who have purchased Momsen or Titan bikes...specifically relating to the XC versions...what has been your experience, was the price worth it...would you recommend the brands etc? Thanks in advance for sharing

i have momsen R355 gravelbike, and my kids each have a titan hardtail (to get them into the sport).  the momsen is on a whole different level.  amazing bike.

the titans, for what i paid for them are excellent.  bit on the heavy side, the front shocks are springloaded so tend to be on the stiff side.  But yeah,  great bikes. 

11 hours ago, MatBlack said:

Howdy hubbers, im looking for the riders who have purchased Momsen or Titan bikes...specifically relating to the XC versions...what has been your experience, was the price worth it...would you recommend the brands etc? Thanks in advance for sharing

What do you mean by XC versions? Hardtails? Full suss? 

Been shopping around for a N+1 for the wife. Yesterday i pick up a new Titan Cypher Elite for 58k. Compere spec like for like I could not find another bike close to this price. Yes 2023 but carbon frame, Shimano M8100, carbon post/bars and carbon wheels even got the Victoria's replaced for Maxxis on the house.

Overall I think good value for money just one thing I can't get my head around is the TRC hubs that @Titan Racing Bikes use on the carbon wheels they are Junk. Brad/Derrick time to let that tech go.

20240621_144257.jpg

I had an alloy 2016 Momsen Vipa XC bike which I rode for 3 years (2021 - 2024) and was very happy with. Sold it because it was getting old and I was itchy for a carbon frame.  

Upgraded the Vipa to a 2022 Titan Cypher Carbon Expert 120 with an upgraded (Lyne) wheelset and I am loving it. Solid spec components with lots of upgrade potential (Sram brakes), but for the price I paid the value is out of this world.

I also bought a used Momsen R355 gravel bike this year and although it's still early days, I am happy with it. It's super light carbon and Sram Force all over, so much better than anything else in the same price bracket.

I am super impressed and happy with the offerings from Momsen and Titan, and would probably never buy brands that are so much more expensive for similar spec, just so I can have a particular sticker on my frame.

Groupset and component spec matter more than the sticker on the frame (to me).  

Now that I think about it, I have not heard anything bad about Titan. People mention that they're heavier but, unless you race for podiums, an extra kg in the frame is almost inconsequential.