Stolen: Merida Scultura 4000 Custom Build 2017 (Gauteng)

Tobaka

Stolen: Merida Scultura 4000 Custom Build 2017

When: 28/06/2024

Where: , Bryanston, Sandton, Gauteng

Custom Black Integrated Handlebars Shimano Ultegra 12 Speed Groupset with Stage Ultegra Power Meter. Ultegra V Brakes. The bike has ACE of Spades on the Head Tube, Seat Tube and Both sides of the Fork. Saddle is Red S Works Power Saddle with Titanium rails(Has a Chip on the left corner). Seatpost is S Works Black Seatpost. Black Token 45mm Wheelset. This bike is the only one that looks like it in a whole of SA if not the world. It is custom build to my specifications not stock standard type of a bike. You will not miss the green colour.

Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section.

Super sh*tty to have it stolen like that outside your coffee shop.

Did they just walk up and take the bikes? Load them or ride them away?  

I was at my local Seattle not far from there today and a whole bunch of guys were sitting with their backs to their bikes and I thought, “probably wouldn’t be too hard for someone to steal them” - obvs not the same Seattle but still. 

It was still very early and still a little dark. E2E finishes quiet early and it is still cold at that time. So we usually sit inside. This guy walked past to check coast and comes back, crab my bike disappeared somewhere and finally comes back for two other bikes. But by the way he walks and handles the bikes he is a person that works or worked in a bike shop. The sad part is that this was not an opportunistic act. This guys was given a mandate by one of the riders who is a regular at E2E or someone that works in that centre. He started selling the bikes as early as 10 am yesterday morning. 

Edited by Tobaka

5 hours ago, Tobaka said:

But by the way he walks and handles the bikes he is a person that works or worked in a bike shop.

Sorry for your loss. How does someone who works in a bike shop walk?.

Can we please avoid condescending questions. If you have nothing positive to contribute please keep quiet. Only a rider or bike mechanic would move and handle a bikes like that.

What makes you think it was a rider or bike mechanic from that video?

While your loss is unfortunate and I really hope you get it back, Im not sure how you can leave your bikes outside with no-one around and still expect them to be there later? 

Edited by Mojoman

46 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

What makes you think it was a rider or bike mechanic from that video?

While your loss is unfortunate and I really hope you get it back, Im not sure how you can leave your bikes outside with no-one around and still expect them to be there later? 

My thoughts exactly.  Bikes were not even outside Seattle but left on the pavement out font the shop next door not locked and out of sight. More like an opportunistic theft. 

That dude has definitely handled bikes before... The stem grab gives it away.

I would also never leave my bike unattended BUT, okes, the OP knows he and his mates cocked up. No need to kick them while they are down.

Sorry you lost your bikes. It sucks when crime eventually catches up with you and is no longer just something that happens to other people.

Ouch, sorry for losses. 

That double bike handling take some doing. Fair "assumptions" being made.

Aaargh the brazenness of it really gets me down. 

Hopefully someone recognises this guy.

Sorry OP for your loss, and hope the thief meets whats coming his way. 

I gave up Grosvenor Seattle a while back when the Centre went down the wayside and its sad to see its even worse.