Cycling Bibshorts

Johan1983

Whats the best on the market for Gravel riding?

4 - 7 Hours in the saddle

Don’t know what is your budget but you can look at the Assos Rs s9 bibshort.  Think they are still on special at Cycle Lab for under 3k.  Best purchase I have made regarding a bibshort for myself.  Only my opinion.

Im using the CIOVITA Supremo and the Assos C9 - both are great bibs. however I did R2TS this year and took me close to 9hours. the ciovita bib held up really well and they are reasonably priced at about 3k +-

Edited by Op1

I have used Assos, Castelli, DHB, Kalas and a bib from my Chinese contact who did my custom kit.

For me personally, I don’t find much difference in any of them comfort wise. However I do think this is personal and the heavier you are, the more it might have an impact. But for me as a sub 60Kg rider I can ride any of them without discomfort.

The one benefit Assos has over the others, is the independent chamois thing. I do think this helps with chafing a bit as the chamois moves separately with the rest of the bib. But in terms of actual padding and comfort, there’s no difference. If you are riding for 5 hour plus your behind is going to get sore. The only way to overcome this is more time in the saddle.

Ciovita have the Cargo and Apex Cargo (higher end). 

Really nifty, with a mesh pocket on each leg and two on the back. Great for storing things that need quick access on the legs, or out of your shirt should you need more space, want to let it flap etc. 

Wife is buying me 1 or 2 new bibs as a belated b/day present, since my 3x 20-year old Assos (that i was then sponsored, and since patched!), are borderline not-fit-for-purpose.

Am starting a LIST, of Cape-available bibs, since I may buy 3prs at once, and am out-of-touch with the newer brands: please ADD to the list, so I can investigate (most all) of the options?!

same bib for Road, MTB, & soon-to-be Gravel. Would like CARGO bibs for ALL 3 disciplines, am no race-snake...)

1. Castelli

2. Assos

3. Ciovita

4. DHB?

5. Kalas?

6. Cape Storm (actually, my old CS were great bang-for-buck!)

OTHERS?......

(and links to Winter sales greatly appreciated!)

8 minutes ago, Zebra said:

Wife is buying me 1 or 2 new bibs as a belated b/day present, since my 3x 20-year old Assos (that i was then sponsored, and since patched!), are borderline not-fit-for-purpose.

Am starting a LIST, of Cape-available bibs, since I may buy 3prs at once, and am out-of-touch with the newer brands: please ADD to the list, so I can investigate (most all) of the options?!

same bib for Road, MTB, & soon-to-be Gravel. Would like CARGO bibs for ALL 3 disciplines, am no race-snake...)

1. Castelli

2. Assos

3. Ciovita

4. DHB?

5. Kalas?

6. Cape Storm (actually, my old CS were great bang-for-buck!)

OTHERS?......

(and links to Winter sales greatly appreciated!)

Enjoy and Vye also worth checking. Both based in CT.